Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Campaigns & Commanders - Played them? Like them?
06-18-2012, 11:28 PM,
RE: PG Campaigns & Commanders - Played them? Like them?
It is really nice to hear some people are enjoying the C&C campaign system - I had a lot of fun developing those with Doug. I can see they are not for everyone - and I tend to lose my guys too easily which sometime makes me a little downhearted - but the narrative they develop is great...
06-19-2012, 02:01 AM,
(06-18-2012, 11:28 PM)Trotsky Wrote: It is really nice to hear some people are enjoying the C&C campaign system - I had a lot of fun developing those with Doug. I can see they are not for everyone - and I tend to lose my guys too easily which sometime makes me a little downhearted - but the narrative they develop is great...

Agreed. Taking individual leaders through multiple scenarios or campaign games adds a long-term narrative element that's missing otherwise. As a history buff, I like narrative, so a system that lets me chronicle the wartime experiences of individual officers is definitely worth having.
06-19-2012, 02:12 AM,
Just had a thought: I'd like to use French leader characters in Fall of France, but we never put together a list of French medals LCs can earn and what they need to do to earn them. Got any ideas, Trotsky?
06-19-2012, 02:43 AM,
BTW, the Panzer Lehr and Ivy Division campaigns are tailor made for the Leader Characters.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-19-2012, 03:39 AM,
Hi Doug, not without digging out some source materials - maybe someone else would be keen to put something together - could make a good daily content idea? Does Philippe visit here?
06-19-2012, 05:09 AM,
Hi Dave, I'll do some research and send you what I come up with. I don't know if Philippe visits here or not, but if he does he could add whatever insight he has and we could certainly submit it as Daily Content.