Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much space needed to play PG
07-17-2013, 05:48 AM,
How much space needed to play PG
Hi together!

How much space do you need to play an (average/normal) game of PG?

As it happens, we need a new dining-table Smile!
07-17-2013, 06:02 AM,
RE: How much space needed to play PG
The table should do it for you with Eastern Front. If you are interested in exact scenario sizes, check out the scenarios section of the site an you will see the footprint sizes for each scenario.
07-17-2013, 08:49 AM,
The vast majority of scenarios can be played with six maps or less so 22x51 or 33x34 is pretty much the max. I have played 55x17 and have seen a 33x51 (which is really quite big). I am looking at some possibilities of divisional frontages that would require 85 x 33 but that's just silly.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-18-2013, 01:54 AM,
(07-17-2013, 05:48 AM)Maggal Wrote: Hi together!

How much space do you need to play an (average/normal) game of PG?

As it happens, we need a new dining-table Smile!

One of the cool things I like is that I can play whatever size I need, really. Airborne is almost always one board, while Afrika Korps can take up my entire room floor...!
07-18-2013, 04:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 04:33 PM by Maggal.)
Being all for PG at the moment, I bought a magnetic memo-board (http://www.amazon.de/MOB-Whiteboard-w%C3...+memoboard). And I´m working on a solution for the counters (I get them scanned at a copy-shop today): it´s either http://www.supermagnete.de/magnets.php?g...3godfXMA0Q or http://www.pg-hq.com/comms/showthread.ph...t=magnetic...

If you want, I´ll post some pictures when done...

By the way: I´m planning on a dining-table that covers even big scenarios. While playing those, we have to ear on the floor ;-)...
07-23-2013, 12:56 PM,
Do any of the Beyond Normandy scenarios use all 3 maps?

As for the magnets, Shad started working on something like that a while ago. Check out the DIY forum
07-23-2013, 03:33 PM,
According to the database no Beyond Normandy scenarios uses all 3 maps.

I read the post of shad about the magnets, but I thought it quite expensive doing that for all your counters?

I chose the c-profiles (?) and I´m going to assemble just the units I need before each scenario. That´s quite a lot of work, but the cheapest solution. I bought a megnetic sheet as well fpr the move/fired/disrupted an demoralized counters, so it will be a mix. As for now, I´m cutting and cutting and cutting,...
07-23-2013, 11:32 PM,
I believe that the campaign for Beyond Normandy in The King's Officers uses all three maps.
No "minor" country left behind...