Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World at War: America Conquered
06-22-2013, 11:06 AM,
World at War: America Conquered
World at War series by LnL Publishing is pretty cool, I don't own them all but I received America Conquered a few days ago and it is excellent. The whole series is based on a Cold War gone hot in the 1980's with nations around the world and equipment and armies from the 1980's.
03-01-2014, 02:27 PM,
RE: World at War: America Conquered
(06-22-2013, 11:06 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: World at War series by LnL Publishing is pretty cool, I don't own them all but I received America Conquered a few days ago and it is excellent. The whole series is based on a Cold War gone hot in the 1980's with nations around the world and equipment and armies from the 1980's.

I own Blood and Bridges. I like the system, the story line is consistent and the selected time period is a plus; especially for the less explored countries and equipment. However, I do not think I will commit further to the series. I like the impulse activation, the artwork (except that golf course green they use for the terrain Smile ), and the HQ/C2 rules are pretty novel. But I do not like that important combat multipliers like artillery are so random for that tactical level. There is no real "break point" for forces and morale - they slug it to the end.

I have wondered how their "Nations at War'" WWII variant compares with PZG.
03-01-2014, 11:45 PM,
You do know there's a whole thread here on NaW, right?

Overall conclusion is that NaW is much lighter, and not nearly as historical as PG. For games at roughly the same scale, the counter density of NaW is tiny compared to PG. It's a fun GAME... and one that can be played very quickly, which hits the spot at times!
03-02-2014, 05:23 AM,
(03-01-2014, 11:45 PM)Dean_P Wrote: You do know there's a whole thread here on NaW, right?

Overall conclusion is that NaW is much lighter, and not nearly as historical as PG. For games at roughly the same scale, the counter density of NaW is tiny compared to PG. It's a fun GAME... and one that can be played very quickly, which hits the spot at times!

Thanks Dean, I had only skimmed this forum and did not see NaW. That being said, your input is how I feel about WaW - lots of fun action, neat mechanics, and a good bridging game for the quasi-grognard and non-grognard to get hooked into wargames.
03-02-2014, 06:45 AM,
There have been whole divisions made for WaW and several fan made expansions that have lead to new things in official WaW. All of these can be found on the games pages on Board Game Geek. Some of the formations are on two blogs on Consimworld, Gordon Mosher and Jeff Schulte. I have everything they have done for WaW except LOF #14. It's an intuitive system once you play it a couple of time. The difference in activation chits helps highlight the differences in NATO and Warsaw Pact training and doctrine.
03-13-2014, 02:24 AM,
Jay,

What are the first 3 publications in this series in order ? Any idea ?
03-13-2014, 02:58 AM,
Vince, I am not 100% sure as i do not own everything in this series but I think the first three were:

1. Eisenbach Gap

2. Blood & Bridges

3. Compendiun or Death of the First Panzer, not sure which was third?
03-13-2014, 03:23 AM,
Thanks.

Always seems that no counter design is perfect. I see the counters in this one has pictures of tanks for armour and NATO symbols for the foot troops. Game looks interesting though.