Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[House Rules] admittedly insane: adding chit-draw to determine activation
06-17-2012, 11:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 11:28 PM by Blackcloud6.)
RE: admittedly insane: adding chit-draw to determine activation
I'm with campsawyer on this one. Chit draw tactical games already exist. Also, to add one to PG is a form of rules creep; although it may not take many rules to implement chit draw, it nevertheless would be adding more rules. The goodness of PG is that it is really a fairly simple game system that accomplishes much. The chaos of combat is there in PG and it is done by combat: "Oh darn, that stack I wanted to activated next to assault just got demoralized." Plus, the optional FoW rules adds the element of pressure on the player/commander by forcing him to make tough choices on who to activate next because he may not get to do so further on down the line.

It may also give more of an edge to higher initiative units. Right now the initiative system give a subtle advantage and the subtle parts of the game are a great part of PG. Furthermore, it would add time to the game play; although not a huge amount, it will add a pause between each activation to pick up the cut, pull the chit and then the player will have to rethink his move.

In the end, I think chit-draw activation would not really change anything worth the addition of the new rules and severe changing of the game system.

Messages In This Thread
RE: admittedly insane: adding chit-draw to determine activation - by Blackcloud6 - 06-17-2012, 11:24 PM