Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[House Rules] admittedly insane: adding chit-draw to determine activation
06-17-2012, 04:16 PM,
RE: admittedly insane: adding chit-draw to determine activation
I like the idea of a highly energetic CO causing a battalion to have more activation points, but I hate bookkeeping so I wouldn't go for that level of detail. Instead, I'd throw in an extra chit each turn for each morale point the CO has above 9 (as long as he's alive and undemoralized).

I also like the idea of troops getting tired as the battle drags on, so I'd say reduce the number of chits in the cup by one on each side for every full hour after Turn 12 (meaning one less chit per player starting Turn 16, two less starting Turn 20, etc.) and then one less chit per half hour after Turn 24 (meaning reduce chits on Turn 26, Turn 28, etc). Players can delay chit reduction by one turn for each turn on which they rest their troops, meaning taking no more than X number of action segments that turn (less in small scenarios, more in big ones; this is the only bookkeeping required other than keeping track of turns elapsed). That might add an extra level of urgency and planning to play and even be something of a cure for the horribly long scenarios one finds in early games in the series, since the scenario would have to end when both players' troops become totally exhausted (in game terms, neither player can put chits in the cup because of the chit reductions over time).

Messages In This Thread
RE: admittedly insane: adding chit-draw to determine activation - by upintheattic - 06-17-2012, 04:16 PM