Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games I'd Like to see
06-21-2013, 11:46 PM,
RE: Games I'd Like to see
(06-21-2013, 04:46 PM)Shad Wrote: Gotta be Ben-Hur, that got 11!

The way all things PG are going, I wouldn't erase PG Ancients as a bloody APL decision !
06-21-2013, 11:48 PM,
Something weird that falls in between the IA & PG. I was thinking of the Silesian War.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-22-2013, 12:24 AM,
Well Vince, there is a 4th PG stable game in development down the road, but its not PG Ancients.

I like the idea of PG Testudo though. We could get Pachyderm expansion modules, and rules for flaming pigs and seige towers.
06-22-2013, 01:34 AM,
(06-22-2013, 12:24 AM)larry marak Wrote: Well Vince, there is a 4th PG stable game in development down the road, but its not PG Ancients.

I like the idea of PG Testudo though. We could get Pachyderm expansion modules, and rules for flaming pigs and seige towers.

Probably developing that fella's ACW PG that he posted here ?
06-22-2013, 03:28 AM,
I've now played 4 scenarios with OBA and I like the effects it has on general strategy.

Whether the defender stays or leaves a target hex is a difficult decision, especially when control of the hex is worth victory points. The attacker knows when the artillery barrage ends and will typically move into position to threaten the hex ahead of time.

The decision is typically easier in PG because the OBA can follow the units (if within LoS) and thus moving out does not generally increase the chance of survival.
01-04-2014, 02:11 PM,
Hmmm, kind of quiet here.

Having a printed version of "To Hell With Spain!" to go with the GWAS game "Remember the Maine!" would seem like a good move.

I'd also suggest, how about a Russo-Japanese game of IA, to go with the GWAS equivalent. This one could benefit from some of the small battles of maneuver that took place before the siege of Port Arthur and the Battle of Mukden.

I'd also love to see someone help Mike out with a small 2014 Hallowe'en theme (Gold Club?) release: IA representation of the Battle of Horsell Common, and some of the engagements towards London, as the Royal Army tries to hold back Martian invaders!

-Jim
01-05-2014, 01:24 AM,
Interesting ideas that should be developed more.
(01-04-2014, 02:11 PM)stear Wrote: Hmmm, kind of quiet here.

Having a printed version of "To Hell With Spain!" to go with the GWAS game "Remember the Maine!" would seem like a good move.

I'd also suggest, how about a Russo-Japanese game of IA, to go with the GWAS equivalent. This one could benefit from some of the small battles of maneuver that took place before the siege of Port Arthur and the Battle of Mukden.

I'd also love to see someone help Mike out with a small 2014 Hallowe'en theme (Gold Club?) release: IA representation of the Battle of Horsell Common, and some of the engagements towards London, as the Royal Army tries to hold back Martian invaders!

-Jim
01-05-2014, 12:04 PM,
Sorry, I have to lean towards the Serbs, Montenegrins, Bulgarians, Greeks, Ottomans (the Turks not the footstools) and Romanians. We can start the war early in the Balkan wars and continue straight through the early 20s.
No "minor" country left behind...
01-05-2014, 03:40 PM,
I don't know the scope of the IA movie titled game, but I would love to see an IA that covers Ottomans and Brits in Sinai, Palestine (Gaza 1-3, Meggido, etc.) as well as Brits and Ottomans in Mesopotamia. Boer War and Russo-Japanese certainly too.
01-05-2014, 11:46 PM,
Having more IA games would seem appropriate give the 100 year anniversaries of the battles of the timeframe.