Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP-PG product update!
07-13-2013, 05:49 AM,
RE: AP-PG product update!
Midway is an excellent second choice. Midway+Coral Sea=all you need for the Hawaiian conquest and reconquest campaign in Combined Fleet (I just ordered a second Midway so I can create a Combined Fleet boxed set!)
07-13-2013, 10:08 AM,
(07-13-2013, 03:57 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: I will have to wait until Liberation '44 is ready to ship before I receive Sword of Israel.

On another topic, I will order Plan Crimson tonight and maybe one of the Second War At Sea game that is on sale. Any recommendation? My first choice was Bomb Alley but it's not included in the Summer Sale.

SWWAS is good I have not found a bad one in the bunch, depends on what you are interested in. Let me know when you get them as these can be a possible Skpye game with the magic spreadsheet.
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM,
Which ones do you own Alan?
07-13-2013, 12:51 PM,
Hugmemot,

I have all the games and most modules. I have not play as much as PG. But all have been fun. If you are getting Crimson I would up for a game, the couple I have planned with Crimson are good but fighting on the lakes is very different from the open ocean. Any how we will need to connect for a game, it has been a while.
08-04-2013, 08:06 AM,
Looks like 1967 is so large it has slowed down production of all other AP & PG products.
08-04-2013, 09:38 AM,
I know I am waiting for my Russo-Japan GWAS along with Plan Red. Hopefully see them before Christmas.
08-04-2013, 03:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013, 03:56 PM by Clupper21.)
First a disclaimer. I dislike copyright discussions on boards; 95% of the people commenting in such discussions have little or no idea what copyright really is. But now I'm going to put myself in that disliked class by asking, is "An Army at Dawn" copyright of Rick Atkinson and/or Henry Holt & Co? Or is it a common phrase from some older public source like an Eisenhower speech or something? I ask because it sounds like the same title and the same subject matter.
08-04-2013, 04:13 PM,
Sounds like a good question to me. No idea however.
08-05-2013, 01:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 01:44 AM by campsawyer.)
(08-04-2013, 03:54 PM)Clupper21 Wrote: First a disclaimer. I dislike copyright discussions on boards; 95% of the people commenting in such discussions have little or no idea what copyright really is. But now I'm going to put myself in that disliked class by asking, is "An Army at Dawn" copyright of Rick Atkinson and/or Henry Holt & Co? Or is it a common phrase from some older public source like an Eisenhower speech or something? I ask because it sounds like the same title and the same subject matter.

It is not the phrase that matters it is the material created. The book "An Army at Dawn" as material has certain rights that are owned by author/publisher based on the material published but not the phrase. The phrase can be used by any one as long as it is not infringing on the other material, in this case the book. However, if someone looks to use the book as the material for something else, movie, recording, even a game, then they are legally required to get the appropriate permissions from the authors and publishers.
08-07-2013, 12:04 AM,
Elsenborn Ridge is available again.

Sword of Israel will be released very, very soon (counters arrived at AVP).