Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP-PG product update!
06-07-2013, 01:45 AM,
AP-PG product update!
Here is what Mike Bennighof posted on CSW PG series folder today:

1967 and Liberation are in production, Burning Tigers and Conquest of Ethiopia are through development and waiting their turn, Korean War: Pusan Perimeter is in development now with An Army at Dawn next up. And Philippe Leonard and Mike Perryman have new boxed games on their way on top of those.

That is a lot of Panzer Grenadier for 2013. On the other hand, it's probably still an average of less than two per year from, say, 2009 -present.

This is the Year of Panzer Grenadier.
06-07-2013, 01:50 AM,
RE: AP-PG product update!
Jay,

From a boxed game perspective you might be right about the number of products but from a total game standpoint I would quibble. Items such as Go For Broke or Iron Wolves or Nihon Silk (not to mention Power of the East, Waltzing Matilda, Polish Steel, et al) all were released during this time period. While the current projected volume appears to be a substantial uptick from recent years it is an increase from an already significant volume to which my wallet can attest!
No "minor" country left behind...
06-07-2013, 01:53 AM,
I am down for all of them, after so many slow years, this is excellent!

Boxed Games:

* 1967 Sword of Israel
* Liberation 1944
* Burning Tigers (Kursk North Flank)
* Conquest of Ethiopia
* Korean War: Pusan Perimeter (I had titled: Retreat to The Pusan Perimeter)
* An Army at Dawn

Supplements mentioned earlier but put on the back burner for the boxed games:

* Tinian 1944 and Guam 1941 & 1944
* Strange and Unusual Armor Vehicles
06-07-2013, 01:55 AM,
(06-07-2013, 01:50 AM)Matt W Wrote: Jay,

From a boxed game perspective you might be right about the number of products but from a total game standpoint I would quibble. Items such as Go For Broke or Iron Wolves or Nihon Silk (not to mention Power of the East, Waltzing Matilda, Polish Steel, et al) all were released during this time period. While the current projected volume appears to be a substantial uptick from recent years it is an increase from an already significant volume to which my wallet can attest!

Yeah but planned out over the whole year, it is doable, especially since I already paid for Burning Tigers years ago.
06-07-2013, 02:04 AM,
Spread out of 2013, very do able. I have already paid for the first three, so I am almost half way there. I am down for all of them. I like the fact of being able to pay a little ahead of the flow on the Gold Club at a 30% reduced rate, it takes a lot of pressure off the wallet, and you can plan way ahead of the game releases.
06-07-2013, 07:05 AM,
(06-07-2013, 01:50 AM)Matt W Wrote: Jay,

From a boxed game perspective you might be right about the number of products but from a total game standpoint I would quibble. Items such as Go For Broke or Iron Wolves or Nihon Silk (not to mention Power of the East, Waltzing Matilda, Polish Steel, et al) all were released during this time period.

Right on Matt !

I don't want anybody here poo-pooing the downloads you know (never poo-poo a poo-poo)

My only PG Medal Ribbon is from a very intense 10 scenario download set. Cool
06-07-2013, 10:35 AM,
(06-07-2013, 01:50 AM)Matt W Wrote: From a boxed game perspective you might be right about the number of products but from a total game standpoint I would quibble. Items such as Go For Broke or Iron Wolves or Nihon Silk (not to mention Power of the East, Waltzing Matilda, Polish Steel, et al) all were released during this time period.

There was a long boxed-game drought from August 2009 (Fall of France) to June 2012 (Kursk - South Flank), but during that time there were seven downloads (some of which were also offered in print versions), seven supplements with counters, and a few printed scenario books.

I've attached a Word file with all the release dates, if anyone's interested.

Attached Files
.doc   Panzer Grenadier Release Dates.doc (Size: 102.5 KB / Downloads: 18)
06-07-2013, 01:17 PM,
* An Army at Dawn
What does this one cover?

* Conquest of Ethiopia
This seems like a real curveball for a boxed game. Is there going to be something unique like insurgents or a full campaign game? Does this show that AP is on a lot firmer financial ground? Either way, it seems like it's going to need A LOT of support to attract interest. Similar to how the designer of Red Winter has published a ton of info on battle.

So this was your design Jay? I'm assuming then it's not under the new Modern War series? Will there be any new tech toys not seen (or rarely seen) in PG before like jets or missles?
warstudent aka Jim
06-07-2013, 01:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013, 04:32 AM by JayTownsend.)
(06-07-2013, 01:17 PM)warstudent Wrote: * An Army at Dawn
What does this one cover?

* Conquest of Ethiopia
This seems like a real curveball for a boxed game. Is there going to be something unique like insurgents or a full campaign game? Does this show that AP is on a lot firmer financial ground? Either way, it seems like it's going to need A LOT of support to attract interest. Similar to how the designer of Red Winter has published a ton of info on battle.

So this was your design Jay? I'm assuming then it's not under the new Modern War series? Will there be any new tech toys not seen (or rarely seen) in PG before like jets or missles?

warstudent, the series still falls in the WWII/PG time frame, yes there are jets but PG has jets already, so nothing new with jets. Some new counter types for sure, maybe 14-19 new unit types but nothing too modern, still the left over weapons of WWII and early Cold War. But some excellent mix of situations, scenarios and it follows a good story-line. NKPA, ROK and American Armies hit the battlefields of South Korean in the first game. 48 scenarios and yes I designed it. I know it is an excellent product and hope you enjoy it, as that is why I created it. I read 9 books on the subject and about 12 web-sites as well.

Remember, the Korean War is way too big to do in one game, it would be like trying to do all WWII in one game. What I submitted and is presently being work on in development covers June 25th - August 4th. Packed with action!
06-08-2013, 12:06 AM,
An Army at Dawn is slated to cover Tunisia.
No "minor" country left behind...