Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2013 June Update
06-02-2013, 09:26 PM,
[PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2013 June Update
(link to previous month's blog)

Done Last Month:
  • paid down a ludicrous amount of technical debt to prepare for duplicate scenarios
The discussion revolving around what to name the latest edition of Edelweiss and the re-release of some old scenarios in new packages lead me to dive into the grimy foundation of the site's code and start improving things. I've finished the work, but am traveling on business right now and don't want to upload the patch and not be able to immediately address any bugs people might uncover, and there are likely to be a few given the scale of the hacking and slashing I did behind the scenes.
Current Major Project: Duplicate Scenario Credit
When the big patch goes live after I get back from Brazil then I will finally implement duplicate scenario credit. This way if you play Scenario A from Game X, you will also get credit (not bounty, just play coverage and stats) for Scenario A from Game Y -- assuming of course that the scenarios are identical. We're up to nearly 100 such scenarios now, so it's time to get this feature going.

Just wrapped up a week in Russia - 3 days in Moscow and 3 days in Saint Petersburg. Now I head to Brazil for another week, then finally back to China for some much needed rest.

Lastly, for you history buffs (are there some around here?), here is a picture of a cannon on display at the Saint Petersburg armory. It was created by the Swedish, lost in battle to the Ottomans (who then carved their own message on it), and was finally lost in battle to the Russians. As Igor, my local business partner, so aptly put it - this cannon has big soul.

...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-03-2013, 07:18 AM,
RE: [PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2013 June Update
Shad,

Does that mean that these 'multiple' doubles of scenarios count toward promotion too ?

No argument either way, just asking.

Also, does the rating you give for one transfer to its other doubles (triples). I ask this as a few people for example have played say "Battery position at Holdy" from Airborne, but it at present (or did) have different scores to its other iterations. Will all these marks be clubbed into one large single score ? On that subject, I hope they are.
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM,
They only count towards Tour of Duty stats. I plan on unifying the ratings as well. That's part of what makes it a bit tricky to implement.
06-04-2013, 05:24 AM,
Do we need to consider that the ratings may be different if different maps are used? Battery Position at Holdy uses Map 13 in Airborne and in Airborne: IE, but uses Map 33 in Airborne - Remastered.

In other instances the force compositions and/or VCs may be different.

Tim
06-04-2013, 07:07 AM,
(06-04-2013, 05:24 AM)Bluebell88A Wrote: Do we need to consider that the ratings may be different if different maps are used? Battery Position at Holdy uses Map 13 in Airborne and in Airborne: IE, but uses Map 33 in Airborne - Remastered.

Tim

Tim,

In that case they should remain different. Though I used its name, I was plucking it out of the air. I am talking about 3 x scenarios that are EXACTLY the same.
06-04-2013, 10:18 AM,
(06-04-2013, 05:24 AM)Bluebell88A Wrote: Do we need to consider that the ratings may be different if different maps are used? Battery Position at Holdy uses Map 13 in Airborne and in Airborne: IE, but uses Map 33 in Airborne - Remastered.

Tim

If they're different then they're not the same. Wink I'm strictly talking about scenario clones.