Poll: Should Airplace counters be added to the PG-HQ data bank?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
76.92%
10 76.92%
No
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airplane Counters
05-22-2013, 04:00 PM,
Airplane Counters
Should Airplane Counters be added to the PG-HQ site with their values, pictures and all maybe like the units of each nationality are listed?
05-22-2013, 09:31 PM,
RE: Airplane Counters
I voted no, not so much because I wouldn't like to see them, but because somewhat of a distraction. Adding more entries to the already very long list is not very useful in promoting and understanding the game.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-22-2013, 10:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2013, 10:17 PM by campsawyer.)
To extend on Peter's thoughts, how would aircraft show up on PG-HQ? At the scenario level there is not a specific plane that is used per the scenario as well as we already have a reference that a scenario has aircraft. Any thoughts on how aircraft counters would be used?
05-22-2013, 11:39 PM,
I see the aircraft as being listed as other units in the countries OOB. Without changing the current database structure I believe that all that could be shown is what game they came in. It is simply a way to catalog their existence.
No "minor" country left behind...
05-23-2013, 12:15 AM,
(05-22-2013, 11:39 PM)Matt W Wrote: I see the aircraft as being listed as other units in the countries OOB. Without changing the current database structure I believe that all that could be shown is what game they came in. It is simply a way to catalog their existence.
That would be good enough for me. It would allow me to sort them again should I mix them by mistake.
05-23-2013, 12:51 AM,
Before aircraft, and possibly gunboat, trains, etcetera, it might be best to consider putting the OOB database back in more of a tree format. I think the list is too long to sort through. Drew, how about that?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-23-2013, 04:18 AM,
(05-23-2013, 12:51 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Before aircraft, and possibly gunboat, trains, etcetera, it might be best to consider putting the OOB database back in more of a tree format. I think the list is too long to sort through. Drew, how about that?

Definitely agree. Perhaps on the Units page only the Nations should be shown. Click on a nation and its units appear. Or, click on a nation and its Armed Forces (Heer, SS, Luftwaffe) appear, then click the force to get its units.

I have scans of quite a few of the aircraft and can scan the rest and start adding them to the units page whenever Shad would like.
05-23-2013, 11:07 AM,
(05-22-2013, 10:16 PM)campsawyer Wrote: To extend on Peter's thoughts, how would aircraft show up on PG-HQ? At the scenario level there is not a specific plane that is used per the scenario as well as we already have a reference that a scenario has aircraft. Any thoughts on how aircraft counters would be used?

I discussed this with Robin probably more than a year ago by now. My proposal is that aircraft get their own page in the Library at the category level. Because aircraft are not delineated in OOBs, including them elsewhere is troublesome. Rather, we have one single page devoted to introducing all the aircraft in PG, including their usage (rules). I think that would be the right mix of informative and concise.

But as usual, these sorts of things require volunteering. Smile

(05-23-2013, 04:18 AM)rerathbun Wrote:
(05-23-2013, 12:51 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Before aircraft, and possibly gunboat, trains, etcetera, it might be best to consider putting the OOB database back in more of a tree format. I think the list is too long to sort through. Drew, how about that?

Definitely agree. Perhaps on the Units page only the Nations should be shown. Click on a nation and its units appear. Or, click on a nation and its Armed Forces (Heer, SS, Luftwaffe) appear, then click the force to get its units.

I can compartmentalize the OOBs on the Lib > Units page. I'll put it on the to-do list and take a stab when time permits.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-23-2013, 11:13 AM,
I just wanted them listed by nationality.
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM,
Townsend!

Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...