Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAR teaser for PGBN/King's Officers "War in the Hedgerows" campaign
06-17-2012, 08:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 08:26 AM by broadsword.)
AAR teaser for PGBN/King's Officers "War in the Hedgerows" campaign
(1030 hrs, 26 June 1944)
German defenses start to stiffen E and SE of Cheux as the 3rd Company starts digging in along the NE spur of “die Fliege” (the bowtie, nicknamed by the soldiers for its shape, a 120m elevation spur at 1304-1305 that extends to the SW).

The German battalion commander reasons: “If the British are after the Odon bridges, they’ll have to swing westward once they bypass Cheux to the east. Then they would have to come toward these hill positions on “die Fliege,” heavier bocage terrain, and straight into the path of 5th SS Panzer Company.

“If instead the British are aiming SE or E toward Hill 112, we can let those other sectors deal with them -- perhaps then our troops near Marcelet could hit them in their left flank.”

[I like it when the games get so interesting that the battle starts to take on a legend of its own -- to the point that my imaginary troops start making up names for terrain features...yikes -- I must be one sick puppy]
06-17-2012, 09:16 AM,
RE: AAR teaser for PGBN/King's Officers "War in the Hedgerows" campaign
(06-17-2012, 08:26 AM)broadsword Wrote: (1030 hrs, 26 June 1944)
German defenses start to stiffen E and SE of Cheux as the 3rd Company starts digging in along the NE spur of “die Fliege” (the bowtie, nicknamed by the soldiers for its shape, a 120m elevation spur at 1304-1305 that extends to the SW).

The German battalion commander reasons: “If the British are after the Odon bridges, they’ll have to swing westward once they bypass Cheux to the east. Then they would have to come toward these hill positions on “die Fliege,” heavier bocage terrain, and straight into the path of 5th SS Panzer Company.

“If instead the British are aiming SE or E toward Hill 112, we can let those other sectors deal with them -- perhaps then our troops near Marcelet could hit them in their left flank.”

[I like it when the games get so interesting that the battle starts to take on a legend of its own -- to the point that my imaginary troops start making up names for terrain features...yikes -- I must be one sick puppy]

Cool! You playing FTF or solo?
06-17-2012, 10:14 AM,
(06-17-2012, 08:26 AM)broadsword Wrote: [I like it when the games get so interesting that the battle starts to take on a legend of its own -- to the point that my imaginary troops start making up names for terrain features...yikes -- I must be one sick puppy]

You say that like there's something wrong with that! Big Grin
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
06-17-2012, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 10:24 AM by broadsword.)
Playing the campaign solo, but a human opponent steps in occasionally to move the Germans on the operational map, decide on sector deployments, how to spend campaign points, etc. Then we play out the interesting battalion-level battles in 3D using Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. Example AAR from a similar, previous operational-tactical campaign here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...=AAR+hamel