Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Setup] Workers and Peasants
05-14-2013, 12:26 PM,
[Setup] Workers and Peasants
A thread in which I post pictures showing how I set up the defenders.

Please feel free to comment or to post your own setups. My goals are simply to exchange information and maybe make it easier to play the scenario for people like me who agonize over setting up the defenders.
05-14-2013, 12:35 PM,
RE: [Setup] Workers and Peasants
Scenario 01: Own Their Own

Top is North.

I set up the first Soviet line of defense on a wide front to prevent the Germans from running to the river and then crossing it before attacking a town. The artillery and the 81mm are set up in the large wood on board 20 to make it difficult and time consuming for the Germans if they chose to attack these units.

I believe this setup worked well for the Soviets.

Leaders Not Shown

With Leaders

05-14-2013, 12:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM by Hugmenot.)
Scenario 02: Swamp Rats

Top is West.

I set up three lines of defense to help slow down the Germans advance.

I believe this setup was poor. The units in the middle of the large wood on board 6 serve no purpose; in fact they were almost out of play for the remainder of the game after their leader was demoralized. Way too many units in the wood on board 27 (and it leaves a large gap between the town and the wood). Not enough units dug in the road.

Leaders Not Shown

With Leaders

05-14-2013, 12:58 PM,
Scenario 03: Discovered

Top is South.

I set up the Soviets on a wide front to prevent the Germans to exit easily. The Soviet reinforcement were also divided evenly between the two boards.

I believe this setup was fine because the cavalry can move quickly to fill any gap.

Leaders Not Shown, Board 9 (NW)

Leaders Not Shown, Board 25 (NE)

With Leaders, Board 9 (NW)

With Leaders, Board 25 (NE)