Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Impartial Leader Selector]
04-29-2013, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM by Hugmenot.)
[Impartial Leader Selector]
How can I add 1 x COR to the Germans in Workers and Peasants scenario #2? I can edit the quantities but I have yet to figure out how to add a leader type to an existing scenario.

Same for scenario #4, except that the Soviets needs a Colonel. Scenario #10, Germans missing a Sergeant. Scenario #15, the Germans are missing a Corporal. Scenario #18, the Germans are missing a Major.

Also, how do I add Soviet leaders to Scenario #3? I don't see any Soviet leaders when I edit the scenario.
04-29-2013, 12:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM by plloyd1010.)
RE: [Impartial Leader Selector]
I don't know about W&P2, there doesn't seem to be a CPL in the EFDx mix, which probably means he isn't in the OOB. I'm sure that when Drew sees this thread, he'll fix that or otherwise address the issue.

I don't see as W&P4 has been set up yet. Click on where it says,"Define A New WoaP Scenario Leader Order of Battle". Then set the scenario up.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-29-2013, 01:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013, 01:44 PM by rerathbun.)
The leader selections for each scenario are set by the scenario page's OOB. (It gives the ranks available -- you have to enter the number of leaders for each rank when you define a new scenario or edit an existing one from the ILS page.)

If the scenario is missing a leader rank for the ILS selector, it's because that rank is missing from the scenario page OOB. I'd check the W&P scenarios myself, but I'm away from home and don't have the book with me.

If there are missing leaders, the best thing to do is go to the scenario page and click on the "Errors? Omissions? Report them!" link in the upper or lower right corner. Your friendly PG-HQ staff can then correct the errors, which will correct the OOB selections for the ILS. [NOTE: Do not use the "Submit New Erratum" button, which is for game errata, not errors in the PG-HQ site]
05-02-2013, 02:35 PM,
Robin is correct as ever.

When he and I overhauled the ILS I linked it directly to our Library for OOBs. This allows it to "know" the OOB for every scenario automatically, relying on the user to input only the individual unit counts which we do not store in the database.

However, if the OOB in our Library is wrong, then the ILS is also wrong. The way to resolve this is as Robin said -- file an Error/Omission note on the appropriate scenario's page. This instantly notifies all of the site moderators and typically the problem is fixed within an hour or two, depending on who's awake at the time.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-02-2013, 04:28 PM,
And a lash for each input error to the contributor that mucked up !
05-03-2013, 12:09 AM,
Thanks for the responses; I will start reporting the errors tonight after I play my first Saipan scenario.
05-13-2013, 06:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM by Shad.)
(04-29-2013, 12:21 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I don't know about W&P2, there doesn't seem to be a CPL in the EFDx mix, which probably means he isn't in the OOB. I'm sure that when Drew sees this thread, he'll fix that or otherwise address the issue.

I don't see as W&P4 has been set up yet. Click on where it says,"Define A New WoaP Scenario Leader Order of Battle". Then set the scenario up.
Peter,

This is a picture of the corporal in my Eastern Front Deluxe counter mix. As you can see, it is a different shade of gray than the Lieutenant.

The leader list for Eastern Front Deluxe ( http://pg-hq.com/leader_selector.php?act...&game=EFDx ) also shows a Corporal and I am not the one who entered it. Also, the errata for Easter Front Deluxe states "Later printings of Eastern Front included Countersheet 4 from Road to Berlin. This is intentional". Is it possible you and I do not have the same exact countersheets?
05-13-2013, 05:21 PM,
I have the CPL to FWIW
05-13-2013, 05:40 PM,
Mr. Heer Corporal appears in EFDx scenarios 13, 66, and 105. What that has to do with W&P I do not know. The new direction of this thread escapes my feeble brain.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-13-2013, 11:38 PM,
(05-13-2013, 05:40 PM)Shad Wrote: Mr. Heer Corporal appears in EFDx scenarios 13, 66, and 105. What that has to do with W&P I do not know. The new direction of this thread escapes my feeble brain.
W&P uses the leaders from EFDx Shad. As Peter does not appear to have a German corporal in his EFDx mix, I was wondering if there are slight differences in the counter mix between earlier and later editions.

And if so, can we figure out the differences as far as the leader counters.