Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death of the 'Draw' Result ?
05-22-2013, 01:39 AM,
RE: Death of the 'Draw' Result ?
(05-09-2013, 08:05 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Boring draws tend to come from scenarios where AT START, you look at the scenario and either decide to 'Go' for the draw cos' a win looks too difficult or suicidal OR the draw just looks inevitable anyway.
I fully agree with you and that's also why I gave Orange Hero a "1".

I also gave to a few scenarios in which I thought the end result was inevitable and the play too straightforwad. For example, St. Manvieu Counterattack was fully deserving a "1" with a 10 to nil score in favors of the British and the short duration (9 turns) not providing much room for creativity for the German side.

Keep in mind some players like to understand why a side won a specific engagement so easily and for them, the scenario is of much more interest than for me.
05-22-2013, 06:54 AM,
RE: Death of the 'Draw' Result ?
Hugmenot,

I gave St Manvieu a '2' because it was not broken. By that, I mean all the rules, conditions, set up etc all made sense. A '2' is the lowest I give a scenario that was not boring, not broken and had some PG fun. For example, in our game, although the Germans lost, they kicked the butts of the British .... so that had a fun and entertaining side. But they still lost.

'1's from me are either broke or completely boring. (IMO of course, not necessarily other people's opinions)