Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unfortunate Parting of the Ways???
06-17-2012, 01:30 AM,
RE: An Unfortunate Parting of the Ways???
(06-17-2012, 12:44 AM)J6A Wrote: Overall, I think in the long run it helps AP to have links here, as ultimately the love of the players here for PG despite everything else will come through, and I guess at this point Dr. Mike doesn't see it the same way.
With two active threads which could be easily construed very negative towards AP by potential customers, I understand why AP wanted to remove the links to AP from its website.

I would have considered that option too if I was in Mike's shoes.

One thread will become a non-issue in a few weeks when AP ship its last pre-order. The other will soon be pushed to the second, third, fourth page because there is not much else to say on the subject until something else happens, hopefully satisfactory to all parties involved.
06-17-2012, 02:55 AM,
(06-17-2012, 01:30 AM)Hugmenot Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 12:44 AM)J6A Wrote: Overall, I think in the long run it helps AP to have links here, as ultimately the love of the players here for PG despite everything else will come through, and I guess at this point Dr. Mike doesn't see it the same way.
With two active threads which could be easily construed very negative towards AP by potential customers, I understand why AP wanted to remove the links to AP from its website.

I would have considered that option too if I was in Mike's shoes.

One thread will become a non-issue in a few weeks when AP ship its last pre-order. The other will soon be pushed to the second, third, fourth page because there is not much else to say on the subject until something else happens, hopefully satisfactory to all parties involved.

That last bit is key. Satisfy your customers and you'll want to lead them to where they can talk about you online because they'll give you lots of great free press. But piss them off and you get the opposite effect. So obviously, if some of your customers (not to mention designers and ex employees) are pissed off, you'll want to satisfy them as quickly as possible so that they start singing your praises instead of being pissed off, and you'll also want to provide a link to where they can sing those praises so others can hear those praises sung. But no, that's not how it's done at AP; instead, they cut the link to the place of singing. This makes sense . . . how? Huh
06-17-2012, 05:35 AM,
Quote:One thread will become a non-issue in a few weeks when AP ship its last pre-order.

I disagree. Just because AP might finally get around to providing the product contractually agreed to 18+ months ago does not mean that one is "satisfied." Sure, AP has a product that I like very much; but at some point one is simply going to say "no more" to having loyalty treated with disdain (and censorship at Consimworld) and a product that simply and repeatedly contains far too many errors or poor craftsmanship (e.g. the counter artwork in PL). From how many other companies would one tolerate this sort of business practice?

On a lighter note, previous posts made me think of the quote and scene from Heartbreak Ridge "... I think war's just been declared."
06-17-2012, 05:41 AM,
That's how I originally entitled this thread, but it was considered a trifle severe.
06-17-2012, 09:09 AM,
You guys could always just ask him why... Tongue
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-18-2012, 09:59 AM,
I am new to PG and started to play a few months ago. I started with East Front Deluxe and Red Warriors. I can say that Panzer Grenadier HQ has been a help to me and actually prompted me to buy more PG supplements. I learend much from the Avalanche Press write ups, but this site gave me additional details that helped me decide on what I wanted to buy next. There were some supplements (like South Africa's War) that I would have never purchased if it were not through what I read here in PG HQ.

I think PG HQ can supplement PG well. I hope Avalanche Press and this web site stay on good terms. I am one person who is positive about both PG HQ and Avalanche Press. I wish both well and much success!