Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Unfortunate Parting of the Ways???
06-16-2012, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 11:43 PM by larry marak.)
An Unfortunate Parting of the Ways???
Huh Notice the link to PG HQ has been removed from the consimworld PG topic.
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 01:00 PM by Shad.)
RE: War Declared!! ??
(06-16-2012, 12:15 PM)larry marak Wrote: Huh Notice the link to PG HQ has been removed from the consimworld PG topic.

I think... this thread's topic is a little over the top! Rolleyes

Yes, the PG-HQ link has been removed from the CSW PG Folder.

It's also been removed from AP's main page.

We're still on the PG Series Page, but having now brought that to attention I suspect we will soon be gone.

But let's keep things in perspective, Mr. Marak.

The bottom of every single page on PG-HQ, nearly 7000 pages in all at this point, reads:

Quote:PG-HQ is an independent chronicle of the Panzer Grenadier game series

That is just as true today as it was when we launched on 2010-06-06.

And it is also true that Mike has been supportive of the site, providing us with free copies of most recent digital downloads to help us get game data loaded into the Library faster.

He is well within his rights to not mention us anywhere on his pages. Cool

Consider it the cost of Free Speech! Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-16-2012, 01:30 PM,
Sad  RE: War Declared!! ??
Oh, dear god.

Why would AP want to use its homepage to direct its customers toward the best online resource anyone has ever created for an AP game? To provide good customer service, of course, and to introduce new customers to a thriving player community that will tell them all about great AP products and encourage them to buy more.

But . . .

Then there's the Basil Fawlty business model: I could run this business so much better if it weren't for the bloody customers. And heaven forfend that they should talk to each other online, because just think what they might say??? So we'd better not point them toward a site where they can do that.

It is to weep . . . Sad
06-16-2012, 01:39 PM,
I'm happy you're here, mate. You brighten my day! Big Grin
06-16-2012, 02:36 PM,
(06-16-2012, 01:39 PM)Shad Wrote: I'm happy you're here, mate. You brighten my day! Big Grin

Of course, whatever did you do without me? Wink
06-16-2012, 04:54 PM,
larry? Over the top? Say it ain't so!
06-16-2012, 06:50 PM,
Now now, no need to get personal!
06-16-2012, 11:53 PM,
RE: An Unfortunate Parting of the Ways???
It seems like most of our community thinks my original title was a little extreme, so I've modified it. As for being over the top, I've lost 34 pounds in the last 8 weeks and I'm not hanging over my belt nearly as much.Wink

It is sad that the open admiration for the PG series that is expressed by the very existence of this site isn't obvious.
06-16-2012, 11:59 PM,
(06-16-2012, 11:53 PM)larry marak Wrote: It seems like most of our community thinks my original title was a little extreme, so I've modified it.

Now it sounds mutual! Let the record show this was a unilateral act of separation, your honor! Tongue haha

Quote:As for being over the top, I've lost 34 pounds in the last 8 weeks and I'm not hanging over my belt nearly as much.Wink

Wow! In all seriousness, be careful mate! That's some drastic weightloss. Make sure your doctor is keeping tabs on you. Such a quick drop can have dangerous side-effects!

Quote:It is sad that the open admiration for the PG series that is expressed by the very existence of this site isn't obvious.

Indeed... I'll have to start saving up to get my "I <3 AP" tattoo removed or altered. Rolleyes
06-17-2012, 12:44 AM,
Here's my thoughts on it. AP wants to drive traffic to its site from CSW. The topics here are becoming more active than the topics on CSW. So, driving traffic here is defeating the passive advertising on CSW. Ergo, take off the links. Or it may be that there's more open discussion of AP's past activities/struggles here than on CSW (especially in regards to Doug and Dave) and AP doesn't want potential new customers seeing it. Overall, I think in the long run it helps AP to have links here, as ultimately the love of the players here for PG despite everything else will come through, and I guess at this point Dr. Mike doesn't see it the same way.