Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LOS] - Hedgerow only along hexspine
04-14-2013, 08:55 AM,
[LOS] - Hedgerow only along hexspine
Hello all,

I scoured the board here to find if there was already a clarification on this as well as reading through all my scenario books and the rules on hexspine spotting and could not find a definitive answer. The question is: If a unit is two hexes away from another where the LOS travels along the hexspine, does a hedgerow along that hexspine block LOS, even though both hexes bordering the hexspine are clear?

The specific example is Map 26 from Fall of France and Unit A is in hex 1013 and the unit trying to be spotted is in hex 1213. Assuming daylight hours and no special rule LOS restrictions, is this a spotted unit or not?

Looking at the rules, it sounds like 8.35 handles this but I am not sure as Hedgerows are a scenario rule.

Thanks in advance.
04-14-2013, 09:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013, 09:31 AM by vince hughes.)
RE: [LOS] - Hedgerow only along hexspine
(04-14-2013, 08:55 AM)tlangston28 Wrote: Hello all,

I scoured the board here to find if there was already a clarification on this as well as reading through all my scenario books and the rules on hexspine spotting and could not find a definitive answer. The question is: If a unit is two hexes away from another where the LOS travels along the hexspine, does a hedgerow along that hexspine block LOS, even though both hexes bordering the hexspine are clear?

The specific example is Map 26 from Fall of France and Unit A is in hex 1013 and the unit trying to be spotted is in hex 1213. Assuming daylight hours and no special rule LOS restrictions, is this a spotted unit or not?

Looking at the rules, it sounds like 8.35 handles this but I am not sure as Hedgerows are a scenario rule.

Thanks in advance.

Tony,

LOS would not be blocked anyway with any of the hedgerow rules ?

What it does do is hinder DF shots at the target from either unit.
04-14-2013, 10:57 AM,
RE: [LOS] - Hedgerow only along hexspine
Tony, in your example the unit looks around the hedge in either side. One LOS blocked by hedges is 0813 to 1311. Hedges in 0913/1012 and 1112/1211 constitute the block according to the FoF SSR.