Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finnish unit supplement
04-13-2013, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2013, 01:24 PM by plloyd1010.)
Finnish unit supplement
This is where those supplemental Russians started. Firstly it was the leaders left out of Arctic Front. Then it was AP download that didn't have the right blue. Then the Marshal's Fist, with the jägers. So here is what i did, and the subsequent counter sheet to post.

As before, if you fold the upper and lower halves the counters will line up. Of course you can out panel individually, and they will work.

Finnish Supplement
  1. Leaders were the "additional set required" that was called for in the original Arctic Front. I've only included those ranks which were required. I shifted the backs, so the leaders are the same as the original set, but the draw should be a little different.
  2. Ski Infantry were included in the download made available shortly after AFDx was released. The blue background was off, so I fixed it. There were some units allowed with AT rifles (2 I think), so I added some.
  3. Sotka tanks are the captured T-34a's which appear in a scenario or 2. There were not ID letters. I added them, otherwise I just fixed the background color.
Finnish Jäger Supplement
Finnish jägers have been treated differently in every release in which they have appeared. Mostly they were derived from the Sissi units. They eventually appeared in their own incarnation with the Marshal's Fist. In Lions of Finland and Arctic Front (except for one scenario) jägers (or dismounted Sisu) have a movement of 3. In Arctic Front Deluxe jägers have a movement of 4. This countersheet addresses the different movement rate preferences. I've included my intentions. I also created enough dismounted Sisu and jägers with AT rifles to cover scenario requirements. I also add some Marshal's Fist jägers with At values for those that have the rest of the division.
  • LoF 9 &10, and AF 14, 19 & 20, the Sissi here are clearly jägers (the special rules give the movement of 3).
  • In AFDx things get more complicated, as all non-ski Sissi have a movement of 4, but most are still operational (regular army) jägers. If the Armored Division or Armored Brigade appears, and perhaps with AFDx20 use the jägers from Marshal’s Fist if you have it (I like the arrows).
    1. AFDx16 is a remake of AF10 (which didn't have the “no snow” rule included). Clearly Doug M. wanted the jägers to be moving faster in the woods than the Russian infantry. I think I would use dismounted Sissi for this one.
    2. Scenarios 19, 20, 29 (remake of LoF9 & AF 19), 30, 35, 36 (remake of LoF10 & AF20) are regular jäger formations. I would use my jäger counters.
    3. Scenarios 25 & 39 are from jäger border units. These are long serving, very well trained jäger units. I would likely go with dismounted Sissi for them.
    4. Scenario 34 is a split. I would use jägers for the first group and dismounted Sissi for the reinforcements

Attached Files
.pdf   Finnish Supplement.pdf (Size: 465.03 KB / Downloads: 86)
.pdf   Finn Supp Jgrs.pdf (Size: 1.98 MB / Downloads: 76)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking