Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soviet unit supplement.
04-12-2013, 10:56 AM,
Soviet unit supplement.
Sheet 1 is made up of random necessities that have appeared over the years. If you fold neatly on the center line, everything will line up.
  1. Power of the East has 2 Ba6 armored cars appear in scenario 5. East Front has only one counter. Now I have spare.
  2. 50mm mortars appear in Siege of Leningrad, in a wire diagram of an early mortar battalion. Though they never appear in any scenarios, I do like experiment.
  3. The 76.2mm regimental infantry gun was used by the Russians until 1943. It is quite similar to the German gun, but slightly lower muzzle velocity. Take note of entry 2.
  4. Sometimes I hate pretending, especially when reimagining. Arctic Front and its later deluxe version use infantry and SMG ski units. By the way, that's what the funny line under the infantry symbol means. Dismounted Sissi pretending they are Jägers bugs me too.
  5. Matilda close support tanks are from the Borrowed Tanks download from Avalanche Press. I fixed the gun, it was supposed to be a 3.7” infantry gun but wasn't rendered that way.
  6. Tank Battles uses a lot of T-60s, East Front has only 7. It's fixed. I ID'd backwards from Z to avoid conflicts.
  7. Matilda and Stuart tanks appear in Tank Battles. The counters are from the Borrowed Tanks download from Avalanche Press. The problem was that 3 of each are needed, the download had 1.

Sheet 2 is single sided counters.
  1. The headquarters units appeared in earlier renditions of Panzer Grenadier. I slipped in a couple of generic counters because having the moral levels on them seemed somewhere between redundant and silly.
  2. Militia platoons first appeared in March on Leningrad, then an encore in Workers & Peasants. Since the Germans already had their VG platoons, I felt the Russians needed DNO militia platoons too. In W&P3 they appeared along side regulars, that made their creation imperative.

Attached Files
.pdf   Soviet Supplement 1.pdf (Size: 3.82 MB / Downloads: 166)
.pdf   Soviet Supplement 2.pdf (Size: 617.51 KB / Downloads: 115)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-24-2013, 02:45 AM,
RE: Soviet unit supplement.
Long life to Peter!
...that's all I have so say.
04-24-2013, 03:21 AM,
The Ba6 counters will come handy for Workers and Peasants Scenario #02 because it also requires 2 Ba6. I went through all my Soviet AFVs yesterday before I remembered you had posted "extras" here.

Thanks!
04-24-2013, 05:27 AM,
I only problem I have, is that the counters print out too large even when I reduce the size to the correct size?
04-24-2013, 06:22 AM,
Peter took account of his own eyes. You lot can go to hell ! :-)
04-24-2013, 07:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013, 07:03 AM by plloyd1010.)
Ottavio, thank you very much. I'll be doing some other counter supplements soon. Did you ever find a good blueprint of that TL.37? I could add it to the Italians when the time comes.

Dan, glad you can use it. I added it because PoE6 needs 2 Ba6's, I didn't know about the W&P problem. Cardboard sign: Will make new counters for beer.

Jay, the counters are 0.65" sqr., with a 0.01" gap. I did cut the PDFs to the counter size. Don't scale the print and everything should be the right size.

Vince, what does that mean?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-24-2013, 05:18 PM,
"Did you ever find a good blueprint of that TL.37?"
Top view?
Ottavio
04-24-2013, 09:16 PM,
"Vince, what does that mean?"

Peter.

Jay said the counters print out to large in post 4. I was joking that they were made that way cos your poor old eyes need big counters !
04-24-2013, 10:48 PM,
(04-24-2013, 09:16 PM)vince hughes Wrote: your poor old eyes need big counters !
That would be me! I have limited vision and reading the leader counters without a magnifying glass can be a pain, especially on 4+ maps scenarios when the leaders are one board away.

If I still play PG in 12 years, when I hopefully retire, I will probably redo one or more box games with bigger maps and 1" counter. It would be a fun project!
04-24-2013, 11:13 PM,
Or perhaps get them printed on floor tiles !!!! :-)