Poll: Should the Jaeger's movement be 3 or 4.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
3, everyone else's is.
16.67%
1 16.67%
4, how do you think they outmaneuvered Santa Claus?
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finnish Jaegers
04-10-2013, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 09:43 PM by plloyd1010.)
Finnish Jaegers
Those of you with Lions of Finland, Arctic Front, and Arctic Front Deluxe have probably noticed that the Sisu are used as Jaegers in some scenarios. In those scenarios (without snow), the special rules give them a movement of 4. To complicate matters, the "Marshall's Fist" panzer division Jaegers have a movement of 3. Where it gets weird is that the Jaeger units in the games are mostly the ones from the panzer division.

[attachment=394]

Cryptic reference note: Rare Exports.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-12-2013, 05:50 AM,
RE: Finnish Jaegers
I seem to be very much in the minority with the vote so far. I understand that it would be easier in regards into the current scenarios. The problem I have the idea is that, as good as the Jaegers are, they are simply not Sissi.

Well, since cutting 50 counters isn't much harder that 10 (as long as they are on the same sheet). Creating different counters is fairly easy, once the graphics are in place. Since I have the graphics, a good ruler, and a rotary cutter, was thinking along these lines.

[attachment=395]
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-12-2013, 02:10 PM,
I&R units in Elsenborn Ridge and Scout units in Guadalcanal have movements of 4 as well. Nothing wrong with a few special units with faster movement!
04-12-2013, 09:07 PM,
True, and so do Soviet RCN. I've never said special troops shouldn't be a little different. I think dismounted Sissi would qualify (see the middle counter above), Jaegers wouldn't. I was thinking of just making 18 of each for my Finnish supplement sheet. That way people can do what they want.