Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Setup] Shared Plays
04-07-2013, 02:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 02:19 AM by Hugmenot.)
[Setup] Shared Plays
A thread I will use to store the images of the initial positions of my shared plays.

Post 2: Hopeless but not Serious #06 - Resistance
Post 3: Panzer Lehr #03 - Guderian's Ducks
04-07-2013, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 02:32 AM by Hugmenot.)
RE: [Setup] Shared Plays
Hopeless but not Serious #06 - Resistance

Both sides set up on the board, Austrian first.

Austrian town defenders

Austrian delaying force - forward group

Austria delaying force - second line of defense

German artillery

German main group

Attached Files Image(s)

04-07-2013, 02:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 02:25 AM by Hugmenot.)
Post 3: Panzer Lehr #03 - Guderian's Ducks

The Germans can set up half their units hidden. The Brits enter from the north edge on turn 1.

Setup - all

Setup - Hidden units not shown

07-01-2013, 05:58 AM,
Saipan #12 - Aslito Airfield: The Army Arrives

The Americans set up first on the hills. The Japanese set up second, within two hexes of the Americans.

07-01-2013, 06:45 AM,
Panzer Lehr #06 - Through the Woods

The Germans set up first. Both sides have some hidden units.

I set up 3 hidden units (PzIVH) in a forward position, hoping to destroy a few British armor units as they moved forward.

After playing this scenario, I believe this is a rather poor setup fro the Germans.
07-13-2013, 09:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM by Hugmenot.)
Black SS #25 - Forward as One

Both sides enter the map on turn 1. I set up the Americans in front of what I thought was light woods just to be reminded by a bloody Englishman that these were fields.

Setup

This picture shows the Germans already in position after turn 2. The Americans would also be in position - INF within 2 hexes of the enemy - if I had read the map correctly.

Turn 2

This picture shows how badly I was doing after turn 4.

Turn 4

All in all a fun scenario despite having my butt kicked. I think the pictures illustrate well what happens when the is too slow to get into position in a meeting engagement.
07-13-2013, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2013, 09:50 AM by Hugmenot.)
Panzer Lehr #07 - Sergeant Harris

I setup the pieces at home before heading to Matt's house. The 8-1-1 Captain in the lower left corner was setup (hidden) with one of the units; I just forgot which.

German Setup (with hidden units visible)

Both Sides Setup (hidden units not visible)

After the scenario, both Matt and I thought I did not setup enough units in a forward position. The British were able to advance quickly due to not meeting enough resistance.
08-12-2013, 03:52 AM,
Panzer Lehr #09 - Trash the Town to Take It

This is a picture of the setup I took at home before heading to Matt's house. As Matt's beat me soundly the last time board 32 was used, I spent maybe 75 minutes working out my setup. I was very happy with the result.

A yellow box around the unit denotes it was hidden.

No leader shown because they were not selected until just before the match.

The hidden AFV in 0404 (board 28) was to there to setup crossfire shots for the hidden PzIVH in 0412 (which it did). The PzIVH had a good line of retreat by going east of the hills should it be pressured early (did not happen). Strangely enough, the PzIVH was my only unit to take a step loss, when Matt's dive bomber scored a hit.
08-12-2013, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 04:00 AM by Hugmenot.)
Panzer Lehr #11 - Misinterpreted Intentions

Matt's turn to have hidden units; their position is denoted by the yellow rectangles.

South West

South East

North

Germans, after turn 1

The two hidden units in the south delayed my advance considerably by just leapfrogging each other every turn.

Several panzers and a few infantry units went west of the hills but did not make much progress until the other group cleared the road.
08-12-2013, 10:36 PM,
I mentioned this in my scenario writeup but I was very pleased with the results of my hidden unit defense. My reinforcements arrived too late to help protect the front line and were forced into an unprepared tank battle. With Shermans against Panthers and IVHs you can imagine the result...
No "minor" country left behind...