Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A major announcement on Monday!
03-30-2013, 04:46 AM,
A major announcement on Monday!
AP said this is coming on Monday:

A major announcement on the future of Avalanche Press.

I wonder what it is?????
03-30-2013, 04:53 AM,
RE: A major announcement on Monday!
True it is April 1st or April Fools Day but I think it must be more than that!
03-30-2013, 11:12 AM,
Maybe a merger with VPG? Of course, it would be nice if the staff could be upped by hiring or at least paying some sort of cash stippend to two of their most detemined design/redesigners volunteers for PG and GWAS, SGWAS, and SWWAS.
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM,
Someone do me a favor and link/repost it here once whatever happens, happens. Over here on the back of the world I'll likely be asleep when it goes up.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
04-01-2013, 09:19 AM,
I'm not getting too excited. Given AvP's history of posting April Fools jokes, I'm sure it's going to be another one, if not a repeat of an older one. Since his father died Mike's been fighting exhaustion and has really cut back on writing.
04-01-2013, 08:15 PM,
April Fool's

Front Page:
A New Path: Design on Demand
1 April 2013: Today marks a fresh start for Avalanche Press: from this day forward, we'll only make the games that you want. Yes, you. Singular. One gamer, one game.

http://www.avalanchepress.com/Demand.php
Here’s how it works: from now on, we’re going to release 15 new games each year. Each will have a print run of one. Just one. You get to choose the topic, the scope and the game parameters. And then you get the only one ever made hand-delivered to your doorstep. If you want, I’ll even come to your house and teach you how to play your one-of-a-kind game, but I’m not real friendly in person and I don’t much like rich people, so you may want to pass on that.

How much? If you have to ask . . . well, it’s $50,000. If that’s more than your annual salary, then you probably should stop reading now. This isn’t for the takers, the water drinkers. This is for the water carriers. It’s for the makers.
warstudent aka Jim
04-01-2013, 11:04 PM,
I did not know Mike's wife had a unicorn...
04-02-2013, 01:03 AM,
She rides it well!
04-02-2013, 06:25 AM,
Underwhelmed to say the least .

Was hoping for something genuinely interesting.
04-02-2013, 06:35 AM,
Me too. But today's big news is that Carlsen qualified and thus I will not have to suffer watching a boring Anad-Kramnik match.

Chucky played the spoiler once again.