Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules
03-22-2013, 08:49 PM,
Rules
Who's rules will we use?

Seriously, the issue for any type of tournament has been discussion of key rules such as hill LOS as well as individuals house rules. I also understand that there will be some sort of issues, but PG has a lot of core rules that need to spelled out for any tournament style.
03-23-2013, 12:05 AM,
RE: I want to host a tournament!
So let's spell 'em out. That's a topic for discussion, not a reason to avoid a tournament!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-23-2013, 12:10 AM,
Yeah Alan, my question exactly. Especially since no one seems to much like what I've done.

We'll need an official reference for disputes and adopted rules in the tourney.
03-23-2013, 12:15 AM,
Regarding rules, I think it would be easier to first decide which scenarios will be played. Then we can see which "iffy" rules are present in those scenarios and address them accordingly. As an example, no sense in wasting time arguing over hedgerows if the tournament scenarios don't have any.

Sound reasonable?
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM,
RE: Rules
Relevant bits of Tony's post from the old thread:

(03-23-2013, 03:47 AM)tlangston28 Wrote: 3. As far as rules go, I agree that once scenarios are determined, we could hash out the rule problem, but as long as it is understood going in what will be the "Official" tournament rule, there shouldn't be an issue. In my opinion, house rules should be a definite NO, but again, some of these would fall under the controversial rules and could be included if the majority or all play by the stated rule anyway. Several such rules that I know most skypers play with is the +1 column shift for assaults against only Artillery (Mortars, etc) and the hidden AT units.
03-23-2013, 10:05 PM,
RE: Rules
Relevant bits of Alan's post from the old thread:

(03-23-2013, 04:56 AM)campsawyer Wrote: As for da Rules, my thoughts are that if the following items are include make sure there is clear understanding for them.

Hill LOS
River Crossing
Hedges
Minefield selection
SSR's