Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A haiku to uselessness: the ATR
07-06-2012, 12:19 AM,
RE: A haiku to uselessness: the ATR
Hey, haiku lovers. Check out Jason Rahman's article on AVP's web site on anti-tank rifles and some possible modifiers for close range fire. Given the inclusion of "skirts" on German tanks to avoid tank losses to AT rifles it may make sense to consider these in game play at least in the SSRs.

This also brings up the question of whether it was really manly for the Germans to advance in skirts...

I suppose we could ask the Scots...
No "minor" country left behind...
07-06-2012, 03:36 AM,
I think the anti-tank rifle is useful in the following cases:
1 - To destroy enemy unarmored or little armored vehicles: trucks, APCs, armored cars, self-propelled artillery ...
2 - To fire the first shot against an enemy AFV and facilitate the crossfire.
I hate to overload the rules. I think it's better to be imaginative and use the rules as written.
La guerra รจ bella, ma incomoda.
07-06-2012, 04:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 04:27 AM by Hugmenot.)
I just follow Nimzowitsch's advice - the threat is stronger than the execution - and use anti-tank rifle platoons for slowing or funneling the German's advance.

I thought that worked well in the first KSF scenario.
07-06-2012, 03:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 03:46 PM by Pippers.)
(07-06-2012, 12:19 AM)Matt W Wrote: Hey, haiku lovers. Check out Jason Rahman's article on AVP's web site on anti-tank rifles and some possible modifiers for close range fire.

Thanks for the heads up. Never really knew much about these.

Article is here.