Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here it is - that stupid NooB question....
03-20-2013, 01:56 PM,
Here it is - that stupid NooB question....
There must be an obvious answer to this question, but I can't seem to find an answer to this on my own.

I'm learning the game using "Interruption" from BotB. The scenario lists "1xCapt, 2xLt", but there are several Captains and Lts available, for both sides, all with differing morale levels.

How do I know which ones to use? Blush
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
"All the Axis is hearing the tolling of the bells, and we're doing the rope pulling." - ADM "Bull" Halsey
03-20-2013, 02:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 02:18 PM by tlangston28.)
RE: Here it is - that stupid NooB question....
(03-20-2013, 01:56 PM)hawkeyeted Wrote: There must be an obvious answer to this question, but I can't seem to find an answer to this on my own.

I'm learning the game using "Interruption" from BotB. The scenario lists "1xCapt, 2xLt", but there are several Captains and Lts available, for both sides, all with differing morale levels.

How do I know which ones to use? Blush

No problem. The leader selection process is random and is mentioned in the rules: 6.1 Leader Selection. Basically, it is a random selection process. There is also the Impartial Leader Selector tool here in the Player Tools section.
03-20-2013, 02:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM by hawkeyeted.)
And that is why we have forums!

I've read that rule too, but I interpreted it to mean that when the scenario calls it, you follow it. I had it completely backwards. (It's amazing the clarity of rules when you're not in a rush to figure it out on the fly....)

Thank you for pointing it out to me.
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
"All the Axis is hearing the tolling of the bells, and we're doing the rope pulling." - ADM "Bull" Halsey
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM,
Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-20-2013, 11:12 PM,
Welcome Ted!

Our face to face games are usually started with the ritual "flipping of the leaders" followed by moaning...
No "minor" country left behind...
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM,
...Or in the case of Skype games, moaning and swearing profusely when the leader e-mail comes in...Big Grin
03-21-2013, 01:35 AM,
(03-21-2013, 12:09 AM)tlangston28 Wrote: ...Or in the case of Skype games, moaning and swearing profusely when the leader e-mail comes in...Big Grin

I agree specially when that old favorite LT 7-0-0 appears as it always does when I play the US
03-21-2013, 02:29 AM,
Hawkeyeted, the random draw is one more element in keeping the game enjoyable and not mathematically predictable. You never know whether your randomly acquired leader will be a wuss or a decisive element in a scenario's play. WARNING when storing games in this series, never combine leaders from different games. (Or heck, why not Shy)

Also as a newbie I recommend you buy at least one of the two Campaigns and Commanders books. They allow you to have role-playing leaders (your leaders earn skills which produce die mods in certain tasks). They are on sale now and will not be reprinted because of a change in print-buying at Avalanche. You can also purchase the two cheaply as digital downloads if you wish.
03-21-2013, 04:08 AM,
(03-21-2013, 02:29 AM)larry marak Wrote: Also as a newbie I recommend you buy at least one of the two Campaigns and Commanders books. They allow you to have role-playing leaders (your leaders earn skills which produce die mods in certain tasks).

Interesting twist! A chance to improve leadership.
Ted "Hawkeyeted" Barkley
03-21-2013, 05:30 AM,
Leaders develope skills in urban combat, artillery direction, etc. They can be injured instead of killed outright, determined by the situation. The first C&C book focused on the Invasion of Poland (you need white Eagles, also an endangered product) Eastern Front and Road to Berlin. The second book looks at the Desert War and Beyond Normandy. The first 20 pages of each give the role-playing leader rules. Your leader can also work his way up the ranks, with a promotion ladder and medals for bravery.