Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Avalanche Press Going Out-of-Business?
06-16-2012, 08:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 08:54 AM by larry marak.)
RE: Is Avalanche Press Going Out-of-Business?
Vince, I am in that unhappy group of customers waiting for long pre-ordered games too. And I'm not convinced AVP has turned things around yet. They have had a number of false starts over the last year and a half and I hope this time they get traction, but only time will tell.

I've been a cargo cultist for a long time. I bought downloads I knew I'd never mount and play (world's fattest fingers) and non series games that sit on my shelf, and pre-ordered the two Kursks a year and a half ago because I hoped to get Avalanche over the hump. I've seen Empires Fall pushed back in production line so far by Kursk SF, Lehr, and Sword of David, and Dr. B. has said the current schedual is subject to change. I know the research has been done for Empires and if the company stays around, I'll see it eventually.

But Avalanche has more problems than cash flow. The effects of their financial woes have alienated two PG designers and an extremely compentent developer. I'm actually amazed Perryman is still producing new scenarios for Avalanche, as he's also been subjected to the same problems.

In order to survive, and in order to become healthy and thrive, Avalanche needs a steady cash flow. That has to be their first priority. And I don't think that's an apology for the company, its just common sense.