Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Scenario Played So Far ? (And how many 5 ratings)
06-13-2012, 05:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM by Shad.)
Favourite Scenario Played So Far ? (And how many 5 ratings)
This thread should garner a few answers AND no cheating by picking more than one !!

I thought it would be interesting to see what people have had most fun with. I checked my plays and have I only rated 6 of my current 117 plays as 5's, so they should be special ones to me.

When I looked at the 6, there were 3 battling for top spot. In the end I picked (by a whisker)

'With The Utmost Vigour' (South Africa's War # 16)

This had expanse (2 desert maps), five different nations and the VC's provided us with quite a few differing plan options. So this is my current top play so far. It was played over three sessions with Wayne Baumber and was thoroughly entertaining. I should add that Wayne and I love the big games so it had to be an epic that would top my list.
06-13-2012, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM by Shad.)
RE: Favourite Scenario Played So Far ? (And how many 5 ratings)
Favorite Scenario: BlkSS #22: Caught in the Flank

3/48 "fives" given and my average scenario rating is 3.25.

Other "5's":
BlkSS #27
RtB #19

Two other "very high" fours:

BlkSS #3 and ER #22 (both of these scenarios have die-roll dependent conditions that, had the rolls turned differently, might have made the scenario play "weaker." Thus, I rate them as a four).
06-13-2012, 07:46 AM,
Hmm, eight 5 ratings over only 46 plays (17%!), seems I'm a bit of a softy...

To me holding a five rating isn't enough, if it's really your favorite scenario you should be able to recall it from memory immediately.

This is the case for me with Iron Curtain #5 - North German Plain.

It's a what-if scenario, which means right off the bat some people would never consider playing it, but if you did...

...you'd find an absolutely thrilling battle wherein Soviet armor must pierce the prepared NATO line.

If you think you know how to handle your AFVs in PG, this is the scenario to prove it! Cool
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-13-2012, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM by Shad.)
I am actually yet to give a 5.
Out of the few scenarios I have played the one that leaps to mind first is FOF#5 Through the Ardennes.
Lots of defensible terrain for the French and a mixed German battlegroup ensure lots of variety and a tense finish to the end.
06-13-2012, 08:44 AM,
No fives in 20 plays and no four rated specific scenario which stands out above the others.
06-14-2012, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 12:59 PM by Shad.)
Coming up on 180 played but none match "A Slow Response" from Romanian Soil (Scenario 6). It had a wonderful mix of units, a variable reinforcement process and tons of suspense. Still sits in my mind as the best one I've played to date.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-16-2012, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 11:50 PM by Shad.)
RE: Favorite Scenario Played So Far ? (And how many 5 ratings)
I have three "5s" in my scenario ratings here on the HQ:

Tank Battle from White Eagles
Those Brave Boys from Panzer Lion
Early Morning at Stonne from France 1940

These three are real close for the best of my best but I'd probably give the nod to early Morning at Stonne as it was back and forth, down to the wire and the French won. Who could not like a scenario where Char B1 bis tanks charge into a counterattack and save the day?
06-20-2012, 06:06 AM,
Yeah Andrew, I love this scenario as well!

(06-13-2012, 07:46 AM)Shad Wrote: Hmm, eight 5 ratings over only 46 plays (17%!), seems I'm a bit of a softy...

To me holding a five rating isn't enough, if it's really your favorite scenario you should be able to recall it from memory immediately.

This is the case for me with Iron Curtain #5 - North German Plain.

It's a what-if scenario, which means right off the bat some people would never consider playing it, but if you did...

...you'd find an absolutely thrilling battle wherein Soviet armor must pierce the prepared NATO line.

If you think you know how to handle your AFVs in PG, this is the scenario to prove it! Cool