Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PG-HQ idea
02-06-2013, 06:02 AM,
New PG-HQ idea
Andy, I just read an interesting forum post and that was the impetus for my suggestion. Is there any way that I can bookmark or otherwise note a particular message for later reference? I'm thinking of something like the method that CSW uses to "mark" a post. That would be a massively useful feature (at least for me).
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
03-07-2013, 02:46 AM,
RE: New PG-HQ idea
Bumped.
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM,
To clarify, are you looking for an internalized forum feature as opposed to your browser's standard "favorites" function? Or are you unsure how to bookmark a specific post rather than an entire thread? Or something else?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-09-2013, 12:32 AM,
I'm thinking about a way to mark a single post, rather than a whole thread. I visit PGHQ with a tablet and a laptop. I would like to see if I can easily find an interesting post, no matter which platform or device I use.

Does this make sense?
03-09-2013, 01:26 AM,
(03-09-2013, 12:32 AM)Michael Murphy Wrote: I'm thinking about a way to mark a single post, rather than a whole thread. I visit PGHQ with a tablet and a laptop. I would like to see if I can easily find an interesting post, no matter which platform or device I use.

Does this make sense?

It does. Try this:

In the upper right corner of every post is a counter that reads Post: #X. The #X part is actually a link back to that exact post within the thread.

So, as an example, this link will take you directly to the second post in this thread.

Give that a shot. If it's not adequate we can think of something else.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...