Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One leader, split assault defense
02-04-2013, 01:31 PM,
One leader, split assault defense
Right now we are playing PoE4, Punch Line with the Bayonet. It is a rather peculiar scenario, but well balanced (I like this one Konstantin). Anyway, I was defending in an assault hex with 2 dug in units, and one one unit not, and a leader (major in this case). Should the the leader column shift be applied both defensive rolls, assuming the dug in units take first fire? How about combat modifiers?

Our opinion is leaning toward the affirmative. There is nothing in the rules that says yes, but nothing says, or otherwise implies, a no.
02-04-2013, 02:05 PM,
RE: One leader, split assault defense
Actually, per Rule 12.43 (2nd paragraph), there is only one die roll for the defending units. You must choose whether to use first fire with only the dug-in units, or fire simultaneously with all of them.
02-05-2013, 07:20 AM,
Just missed it.
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM,
I know I am a little late on this but with combat mods a leader my only increase the firepower of one combat unit in his hex.
02-05-2013, 01:41 PM,
I wasn't concerned about the firepower. It the column shift for having a leader participate in assault combat. My problem was that I missed the "OR".