Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historical Maps
01-18-2013, 04:28 AM,
Historical Maps
I am looking at getting the Panzer Grenadier: Campaigns and Commanders supplement for my personal project and was curious how many are using it as well as wondering if anyone has done any historical maps, even if only for their own private use?
01-18-2013, 04:41 AM,
RE: Historical Maps
(01-18-2013, 04:28 AM)Double Deuce Wrote: I am looking at getting the Panzer Grenadier: Campaigns and Commanders supplement for my personal project and was curious how many are using it as well as wondering if anyone has done any historical maps, even if only for their own private use?

If you are looking for historical maps for the scenarios in PG:CC, then you won't find them as all the scenarios are fictitious. I will say that the DIY rules in there would be good to make your own scenarios with the use of Google maps. Something like this was done for Cassino.
01-18-2013, 06:13 PM,
Thanks for the feedback. For the maps Cassino might not be the best example in that its a pretty unique piece of terrain. I was thinking more along the lines of a historically based map that could be used for more generic locations too. One that fits a specific campaign and location but can still be used for other scenarios if that makes sense.

I'll be purchasing PG:CC here shortly to see if I can work it into my plans.
01-18-2013, 09:26 PM,
Good luck with your project.
01-21-2013, 11:54 PM,
Smile  RE: Historical Maps
(01-18-2013, 06:13 PM)Double Deuce Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. For the maps Cassino might not be the best example in that its a pretty unique piece of terrain. I was thinking more along the lines of a historically based map that could be used for more generic locations too. One that fits a specific campaign and location but can still be used for other scenarios if that makes sense.

I'll be purchasing PG:CC here shortly to see if I can work it into my plans.

Well,
pretty much all of North Africa can replicate most of the battlesBig Grin