Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counters in Desert Rats
01-14-2013, 02:53 AM,
Counters in Desert Rats
Hi,

I just received my Desert Rats, and I have two questions about some counters :

1) there are 4 Australian AT Guns, and these are the only Australian units : is it normal ?
2) the are two AT Gun of 102 mm in a sort of pale blue/green color ; they look like the German 88 ; I can't define their nation : can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

Manu
01-14-2013, 03:22 AM,
RE: Counters in Desert Rats
Manu,

If you go Library --> Games --> Desert Rats, and the expand the Order of Battle on the Desert Rats page, you will see that the Australian Order of Battle only includes 2 pdrs AT guns and leaders (captains and lieutenants). But looking at Player Tools --> Impartial Leader Selection --> Desert Rats, and then clicking List All DeRa Leaders, we see there are no Australian leaders (scenarios probably say to use Bristish or New Zealand counters).

So I would say (1) is normal.

As to (2), maybe they are 102mm portée from Italy's Regia Marina? I use the OOB to try to identify them. If you click on the counter, it will bring you to the unit page and see in which scenarios they are used (something I do when I have a new counter that I want to see in battle).

Hope it helped.
01-14-2013, 04:07 AM,
Those blue 102mm are definitely Italy's Regia Marina portee guns. (I had the same question and Vince answered it during our play of Desert Rats #38 Alem Hamza right flank... a fun scenario by the way!)
01-14-2013, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 06:08 AM by Michael Murphy.)
(01-14-2013, 02:53 AM)Memenne Wrote: Hi,

I just received my Desert Rats, and I have two questions about some counters :

1) there are 4 Australian AT Guns, and these are the only Australian units : is it normal ?
2) the are two AT Gun of 102 mm in a sort of pale blue/green color ; they look like the German 88 ; I can't define their nation : can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

Manu

Hi, I think that I can help. I created a complete inventory spreadsheet for every PG game that I own and I can definitely tell you that Desert Rats has absolutely NO Aussies of any sort. The only ANZAC forces are the New Zealanders and the Maori's. The background to DR is that this is set after the Aussies have been recalled to the far east to deal with the Japanese.

The two 102's are definitely from the Regia Marina. See the OOB for scenario 31.

Hope that helps.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
01-14-2013, 06:00 AM,
Thank you, guys !

I should have look more deeply into the Library...
Manu