Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Panzer Lehr] A bit disappointing
06-18-2012, 11:47 PM,
RE: [Panzer Lehr] A bit disappointing
Another way to look at hidden set-up is as a "rubble" effect. The platoon scale is too large for placing rubble markers, but setting up hidden could be interpreted as meaning the man-made terrain is so broken up due to bombing and bombardment that it becomes hard to recognize an enemy formation until you bump into it.

What may annoy many of us it that this sounds a lot like the Panzerbush effect.
06-19-2012, 02:45 AM,
Luckily, I am playing some more ftf these days so I will be able to try out the different "feel" between the solo hidden deployment and "real" hidden deployment, after we finish our current WotE campaign.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-19-2012, 03:44 AM,
(06-19-2012, 03:01 AM)larry marak Wrote: I am to download and print the spreadsheets for the Panzer Lehr campaign game and am getting a security hold on the spreadsheets, with a possible damage to computer warning.

Not sure whats going on with your download. The file was unprotected when sent to APL. I just downloaded it myself and it works fine.
06-19-2012, 05:25 AM,
(06-19-2012, 03:44 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
(06-19-2012, 03:01 AM)larry marak Wrote: I am to download and print the spreadsheets for the Panzer Lehr campaign game and am getting a security hold on the spreadsheets, with a possible damage to computer warning.

Not sure whats going on with your download. The file was unprotected when sent to APL. I just downloaded it myself and it works fine.
Does the spreadsheet include macros (VBA code)? The prompt could be just a result of a security setting.

Can you copy and paste the error message, Larry? Also, which version of Excel are you using and which browser are you using to download the spreadsheet?
06-19-2012, 08:45 AM,
No Macros in the spreadsheet. Created with Excel 2007 and save as XLS not the new XLSX for backward compatibility. You are using IE 7, that maybe an issue with the site and the downloads, but I am not 100%. Do you have another browser you can use to try to download?
06-19-2012, 03:14 PM,
I think John Stanford who has been developing the recent supplement/scenarios has been adding the Hidden rules. I sent Mike an email as he is not a fan of this rule too much either, just to let John know for the future, as I know he put them into effect in all the scenarios in Panzer Lehr and most in Nihon Silk but neither were designed to have them. So I would say; to play the scenarios without the hidden unit rules and it shouldn't effect anything.
06-19-2012, 09:14 PM,
(06-19-2012, 03:14 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: I think John Stanford who has been developing the recent supplement/scenarios has been adding the Hidden rules. I sent Mike an email as he is not a fan of this rule too much either, just to let John know for the future, as I know he put them into effect in all the scenarios in Panzer Lehr and most in Nihon Silk but neither were designed to have them. So I would say; to play the scenarios without the hidden unit rules and it shouldn't effect anything.

I believe your last sentence says it, if you are playing solo, you don't need to hide the units.
06-20-2012, 01:55 AM,
Alan helped me out with a file for the PZ lehr download, so I edited out my above posts to keep the thread on topic.
06-20-2012, 09:39 AM,
Good job, Sawyer!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-21-2012, 03:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM by JayTownsend.)
In the future, supplements like Panzer Lehr and Nihon Silk won't have the Hidden Rule over population. Mike from AP promised that this issue was address.