Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minefield
12-18-2012, 06:29 PM,
Minefield
I think there is a mistake in the rule about minefields, but my english is perhaps too limited and I am missing something...

Rules say :
When a unit enters a hex containing one or more minefields, turn the markers to the numbered side. The owning player rolls a corresponding number of dice for each unit which entered the hex. On each result of 6 the unit loses a step, becomes demoralized, and must stop moving. On each result of 5 the unit becomes demoralized and must stop moving. On each result of 3 through 6, the unit must simply stop moving. On each result of 1 or 2 there is no effect.

Shouldn't it be : "On each result of 3 through 4, the unit must simply stop moving" ?

Manu
12-18-2012, 06:52 PM,
RE: Minefield
Manu,

You are correct, but I suppose if it did not put 3-6, then some players would argue that their DEM unit was allowed to keep moving because the rules don't say they stop.

Its probably there to cover all bases.

I see you are in Brussels ! I'm in Lille, Bruges, Gent and Bruxelles for the New Year period. Have a good one.
12-18-2012, 07:49 PM,
RE: Minefield
The rules say the units must stop with a 6 or a 5 :
Quote:On each result of 6 the unit loses a step, becomes demoralized, and must stop moving. On each result of 5 the unit becomes demoralized and must stop moving.

But anyway, it's all clear now.

Thanks again !

Quote:I see you are in Brussels ! I'm in Lille, Bruges, Gent and Bruxelles for the New Year period. Have a good one.
And thank you ! You too.Wink