Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your Friendly Local Extortionist
12-13-2012, 12:38 AM,
RE: your Friendly Local Extortionist
(12-12-2012, 11:01 AM)campsawyer Wrote: A quick review of the RW scenarios shows that these are a mix of Tank Battles and Heros. I had some conversions about this with a pg designer a while back. at this point new material is more important.

Yes, Heroes, Tank Battles and Red Warriors all cover Operation Mars. Red Warriors is especially delicious because many of the scenarios were located in hexes of an Avalanche operational game map.

The place for these scenarios would be in a 80 scenario PG Summer of 42 boxed set, covering operations Saturn, Uranus, Mars and Jupiter.
12-13-2012, 01:11 AM,
Slightly more than half of the scenarios published to date on the European portion of WW II have to do with the Eastern Front despite the fact that nearly 80% of the fighting happened there based on the numbers of men and the numbers of months of engagement. Consider the number of scenarios that would be necessary to cover Mars at the level of the Battle of the Bulge (116 scenarios to date) or perhaps the Aachen/Hurtgen campaign (50 scenarios to date). Consider that Romania alone fielded a force that varied between 600,000 and 1,200,000 men for a period of three years for the Axis, in constant combat. This experience is captured in 38 scenarios to date. In addition only one scenario depicts the experience of the 500,000+ Romanians who fought for 9 months withint the Soviet sphere and that one is in Iron Curtain and probably doesn't count anyway. I am not suggesting that we ignore the West or that there is too much of the West, merely that if there is energy to be devoted to new scenarios it might be best to focus to the east and the Pacific/Asia, or those campaigns which have been noted previously (e.g. the Low Countries, Crete, Sicily, Tunisia, etc.).
No "minor" country left behind...
12-13-2012, 01:13 PM,
(12-13-2012, 12:38 AM)larry marak Wrote: The place for these scenarios would be in a 80 scenario PG Summer of 42 boxed set, covering operations Saturn, Uranus, Mars and Jupiter.

Larry, are you suggesting a new game for next summer for PG or a game based on those scenarios that occurred in late fall into winter of 1942?
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM,
the latter.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
12-14-2012, 12:35 AM,
By the way, don't be surprised if the Romanian trilogy gets the book treatment with its own countersheet down the road.

Besides the Summer of 42 set, There's room for a Bagration set, and a Kursk part 3 (the Soviet counteroffensive)

Of course, I'd still like to see I.A. 2, Kursk 2, and for those still waiting, not me, 1866 parts 2 and 3.

Looking forward to pre.., uh, early ordering the next PG boxed game, which will be set on the Eastern Front, but verrrry far East.
12-14-2012, 04:41 AM,
From what I have played so far of the Romanian triology that will be one heck of a great product.
No "minor" country left behind...
12-14-2012, 02:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM by JayTownsend.)
Hey, there is already a Trilogy coming but it's not Romanian!
12-14-2012, 06:30 PM,
Trilogy !?!? TRILOGY !?

My word, do I understand that there will now be a PG Lord of the Rings
12-14-2012, 07:09 PM,
(12-14-2012, 06:30 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Trilogy !?!? TRILOGY !?

My word, do I understand that there will now be a PG Lord of the Rings

Yes my precious, and with your face we won't need CGI for Gollum. Shad would be Sauron (The dark Lord of PG) and I of course would be Aragorn and get to bed Liv Tyler. Smile

I may have gone off topic again
12-14-2012, 08:48 PM,
(12-14-2012, 07:09 PM)waynebaumber Wrote: Yes my precious, and with your face we won't need CGI for Gollum. Shad would be Sauron (The dark Lord of PG) and I of course would be Aragorn and get to bed Liv Tyler. Smile

I may have gone off topic again

Hey remember what they say. A picture paints a thousand words and you can be seen in your avatar ! Not so much Aragorn I think. You may be better suited as Grishnakh !