Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divisional Countersheet Downloads
07-13-2013, 08:31 AM,
Divisional Countersheet Downloads
AP offers a bunch of divisions as downloads with their own colour scheme; are these purely useful as cosmetic replacements, or could they perhaps be used to round out the counter mix if you have very few boxed games? The reason I'm asking is that I bought both of the C&C supplements, and two of these downloads are advertised as being handy for use with Volume 1.

More specifically, the only boxes I own are Elsenborn Ridge and Eastern Front, and I've been wondering if these counters could help me get more out of the supplements I own (see my profile). Unfortunately, there's no telling of what is on the actual sheets without buying them, so I can't easily flick through the scenarios and figure out whether the counters I am missing are present in any of the downloads.

Do any of you happen to own any of these, or know how likely it is that they'll be useful to me?
07-13-2013, 09:41 AM,
RE: Divisional Countersheet Downloads
Actually they are fancy extras to help you create DYO scenarios with special divisions. Besides those in the online shop, there have been other special releases as Gold Club extras. Useful if you have a color printer, read the helps on making your own counters, or are a very special friend of Jay (note to self, find out how to be a very special friend to Jay). My favorite exclusive download was the Finnish armoured division, which gave you the complete obat of a unit that existed in the field, but was never assembled.

With what you currently have you are better off with digital downloads of scenarios...check the PG library to find out which would give you the most bang for the buck.
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM,
RE: Divisional Countersheet Downloads
14 of the 30 Winter Soldiers scenarios can be played with just the pieces and maps Elsenborn Ridge. It's currently 30% off its $10.99 price in the Avalanche Press web store. It was the first supplement I ever purchase and one intend to finish someday.