Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*sigh*
11-28-2012, 06:16 PM,
Exclamation  *sigh*
Quote:Avalanche Press has banned me from all their CSW forums because I complained somewhat harshly about maps for a recently purchased game (Saipan) for which I cannot see the hex grid unless in bright sunshine.

They did say privately I could return the product for a refund but since I have purchased all other PG products I don't like that option. Really wanted the maps replaced with workable ones as it seems I am the only one who complained (unless any other complaints are/were deleted).

Do members have any recourse when companies behave badly?

CSW link

I see AP has learned nothing about customer service even after all the bullshit they've pulled over the years.

[Image: 800px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg]
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-28-2012, 11:27 PM,
RE: *sigh*
Oh Boy that's a bad one !
11-28-2012, 11:42 PM,
This is unprecedented! Er, I mean ... been there, done that.
11-29-2012, 12:53 AM,
It sounds like a refund they could do, a new printing of all 4 maps with remastered color, which would end up being made available to all (400 buyers) who asked, was way beyond their means. I agree with you that the maps were way darker than they should have been.
11-29-2012, 01:06 AM,
The maps aren't the real problem, Larry. It's the banning the unhappy customer bit... aka fingers in ears "lalala I can't hear you" behavior Sad
11-29-2012, 02:06 AM,
Those of you who have known and argued with me for a while, know that I read a lot and often make rather peculiar connections. So here is my sardonic thread of notion to event.

Follow the thread with these people.
  1. James Barry
  2. Barbara Tuchman
  3. Gamal Nasser
  4. Mike Bennighof

Here is solution:
  1. All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.
  2. Every successful revolution eventual puts on the robe of the dictator it deposed.
  3. Led a successful revolution against a corrupt, out of touch government. Became corrupt, removed any cabinet members who might have kept him grounded in reality.
  4. Avalanche Press management attrition.

Drew, I feel your pain. Ever hear of Don Greenwood, Gary Gygax, or Frank Chadwick?
11-29-2012, 02:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2012, 02:26 AM by Shad.)
(11-29-2012, 02:06 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Drew, I feel your pain. Ever hear of Don Greenwood, Gary Gygax, or Frank Chadwick?

1. No.
  2. D&D dude who died recently
  3. Made some sick nasty wargames in the 70s (80s?) including the Third World War quadrilogy, though I have played none of them
What do they have to do with AP's shameful customer service?
11-29-2012, 02:43 AM,
Hummm. Avalanche is beginning to ship KSF to retailers at home and in Europe. That most likely means they are receiving sets with the new corrected laser-head cut counters. When it comes time to do a retail run of Saipan, will they consider new treatment for the maps???
11-29-2012, 02:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2012, 03:07 AM by vince hughes.)
TWW was class

Don Greenwood was one of the original Squad Leader boys including a US leader counter with his name on.

Barbara Tuchman's August 1914 far too Franco-British biased for my liking

Back to PLTV for the answer !
11-29-2012, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM by Shad.)
(11-29-2012, 02:26 AM)Shad Wrote:
  1. No.
  2. D&D dude who died recently
  3. Made some sick nasty wargames in the 70s (80s?) including the Third World War quadrilogy, though I have played none of them
What do they have to do with AP's shameful customer service?

AP's [lack of] customer service is a symptom of a larger, frequently recurring problem. Mike Bennighof has coerced out or otherwise disenchanted the original creative staff. Based on my correspondence with AP, especially when Mike B. responded, he has become the final arbitrator in discussions between himself and others. This has led to a bit of the "I'm right, what's your problem?" attitude. Customer service is also a "you messed up" conduit. It tends to suffer as intellectual control ossifies.

The 3 guys I listed, all took over their companies, discussion ceased, customer service and sales failed, company died. (I did like Frank Chadwick though.)