Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army Sergeant MIA in Airborne Introductory #10?
11-24-2012, 02:27 PM,
Exclamation  Army Sergeant MIA in Airborne Introductory #10?
I'm setting up Airborne Introductory #10: Third Time's the Charm and the Glider Battalion calls for an Army Sarge.

AFAIK, there isn't one in Airborne. A quick check of our Army Sarge page shows he only appears in this ONE AirI scenario.

With 8 plays already I would expect this to be errata, but none of the 4 AARs mention an OOB allocation problem.

scrane, campsawyer, J6A, and GeneSteeler (among others) ... how did you play this one?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-25-2012, 02:08 AM,
RE: Army Sergeant MIA in Airborne Introductory #10?
(11-24-2012, 02:27 PM)Shad Wrote: I'm setting up Airborne Introductory #10: Third Time's the Charm and the Glider Battalion calls for an Army Sarge.

AFAIK, there isn't one in Airborne. A quick check of our Army Sarge page shows he only appears in this ONE AirI scenario.

With 8 plays already I would expect this to be errata, but none of the 4 AARs mention an OOB allocation problem.

scrane, campsawyer, J6A, and GeneSteeler (among others) ... how did you play this one?

I don't remember exactly, either sub'ed the AB SGT or just left it out.
11-25-2012, 06:47 AM,
I never played this one. Considering special rule 7, I would expect the SGT should be a para leader. Elsewise, how do you expect move that para-HMG that is in the group.

Looking over the scenario, firstly my copy doesn't say to use any particular types of leaders for the 327th GIR. Perhaps there is some errata somewhere I don't know about.
11-26-2012, 04:23 PM,
The note I have in my AAR is:

"• - There is not a regular army SGT in the counter mix, there is a PARA SGT. I assumed this to be the leader needed here, especially because there is a PARA ENG in this group."