Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Lehr #19
11-24-2012, 01:24 PM,
Panzer Lehr #19
A couple questions...

First, I can only find 1 M7 as part of Elsenborn Ridge... am I just missing a counter?

Second, I've set this up, and while the PzLehr are seriously outnumbered, the one victory condition that doesn't make much sense is the final one. The US starts on the north end of the board and the victory condition is to exit a minimum of 10 steps off the north end of the board. Shouldn't it be the south end?
11-24-2012, 01:39 PM,
RE: Panzer Lehr #19
(11-24-2012, 01:24 PM)Dean_P Wrote: A couple questions...

First, I can only find 1 M7 as part of Elsenborn Ridge... am I just missing a counter?

Second, I've set this up, and while the PzLehr are seriously outnumbered, the one victory condition that doesn't make much sense is the final one. The US starts on the north end of the board and the victory condition is to exit a minimum of 10 steps off the north end of the board. Shouldn't it be the south end?

I don't have PL handy, but I believe that VC is wrong. I would agree with south if that is logical exit point.

As for the M7's there is only one for ER. Does the scenario also specify units from Cassino or Battle of the Bulge?
11-24-2012, 01:57 PM,
(11-24-2012, 01:39 PM)campsawyer Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 01:24 PM)Dean_P Wrote: A couple questions...

I don't have PL handy, but I believe that VC is wrong. I would agree with south if that is logical exit point.

As for the M7's there is only one for ER. Does the scenario also specify units from Cassino or Battle of the Bulge?

Nope, just ElsRidge (Counters) and FoF (map only). There's a 18-31 artillery, and it's a single map, so arty movement isn't a big deal. Still, it's something to note.
11-25-2012, 01:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012, 01:04 AM by JayTownsend.)
Speaking of M7, the one in Saipan is a Mk7 but AP labeled it a M7 and it is a truck rocket launcher so I hope it is not confussed with the M7 SP!

I guess one type is Mechanized and the other Motorized so that should help.
11-25-2012, 01:45 AM,
(11-25-2012, 01:02 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Speaking of M7, the one in Saipan is a Mk7 but AP labeled it a M7 and it is a truck rocket launcher so I hope it is not confussed with the M7 SP!

I guess one type is Mechanized and the other Motorized so that should help.

Jay, this is another one that I noted with the counter labels v. scenario descriptions.
11-25-2012, 01:47 AM,
(11-24-2012, 01:57 PM)Dean_P Wrote: Nope, just ElsRidge (Counters) and FoF (map only). There's a 18-31 artillery, and it's a single map, so arty movement isn't a big deal. Still, it's something to note.

Ok, then just use the one M7. Pass along the issues to Shad he will add them to the errata.
11-25-2012, 12:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012, 01:13 AM by Dean_P.)
It's been reported...

----

Ok, so after playing this game, I'm wondering if the map orientation is incorrect. The victory conditions say that the hills need to be in US possession at the end of the game for the US to win. But at the start, the US already has 2 of the 3 hills.

If instead, the map is inverted, then the Germans control all 3 hills, with two of them being at the south end of the board. As oriented in the scenario, clearing the Germans from the woods is very difficult. It also would make more sense since Germans can start the game dug in, which you can't do in the woods...

Attached Files Image(s)

11-26-2012, 01:33 AM,
I might be a good idea to write to Mike Perryman (the designer, who is a member of this board) and John Stafford about both the M7 (probably a Perryman issue) and the victory conditions (probably a Stafford issue).
11-26-2012, 04:40 AM,
(11-25-2012, 12:57 PM)Dean_P Wrote: If instead, the map is inverted, then the Germans control all 3 hills, with two of them being at the south end of the board. As oriented in the scenario, clearing the Germans from the woods is very difficult. It also would make more sense since Germans can start the game dug in, which you can't do in the woods...

Dean,

This sort of orientation problem is not without precedent: for example, see my errata for DR #48.

Good luck with getting some sort of response from APL.
11-27-2012, 03:06 AM,
I have found John Stafford to be responsive when I have needed some clarification.
No "minor" country left behind...