Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Enough Leaders
11-19-2012, 04:18 AM,
Not Enough Leaders
The next scenario on my table requires 7 Soviets lieutenants from Eastern Front Deluxe but EFD only includes 6.

What to do?

I can use a leader from the Red Warriors or Heroes of the Soviet Union, or make duplicate counters of the EFD leaders.

The battle was fought September 23, 1941.
11-19-2012, 04:36 AM,
RE: Not Enough Leaders
(11-19-2012, 04:18 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: The next scenario on my table requires 7 Soviets lieutenants from Eastern Front Deluxe but EFD only includes 6.

What to do?

I can use a leader from the Red Warriors or Heroes of the Soviet Union, or make duplicate counters of the EFD leaders.

I would play with the six. Probably not going to make a big difference and EFD only has those that it came with. I wish this was the only time this happened. You may want to add errata to PG-HQ for this scenario.
11-19-2012, 05:51 AM,
(11-19-2012, 04:18 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: The next scenario on my table requires 7 Soviets lieutenants from Eastern Front Deluxe but EFD only includes 6.

What to do?

I would go ahead and use a sergeant as the seventh lieutenant. At PG scale a LT and a SGT can be, and are, frequently used interchangeably.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
11-19-2012, 05:55 AM,
Or the 7 maybe simply a typo and should read 6. It happens. I'd use 6
11-19-2012, 08:56 AM,
Could be typo or possibly the designer was thinking (or was told) that there would be seven LTs in the mix and so wrote the scenario that way and the problem wasn't caught after the final decision for leader counter mix was made.

If there are scenarios related to this one and you don't mind spending a bit of time data mining, perhaps you might try calculating the leader/unit ratio in those (or similarly sized scenarios - presumably a relatively large one to use up the LT pool) and then test against using six or seven in the one proposed.

There is also the old fallback position: use a binary decision generator.
11-19-2012, 09:01 AM,
Thanks for the feedback.

I went ahead and used a 8-0-0 lieutenant from Heroes for the Soviet Union to provide the Soviets with more options.
11-19-2012, 09:44 AM,
The other option is to use leaders from Workers and Peasants which are all supposed to be compatible with the leadeers in EFDx.
No "minor" country left behind...
11-19-2012, 11:40 AM,
I don't have Workers and Peasants ... yet!