Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungles
11-18-2012, 08:59 AM,
RE: Jungles
Ah, special rule only then. Alan your original post made me think you meant it always applied to scenarios. I could only recall an Edson's Ridge night attack featuring awful disorientation so that's why I asked about night-time usage.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-18-2012, 10:55 AM,
(11-18-2012, 08:44 AM)rerathbun Wrote:
(11-18-2012, 12:57 AM)campsawyer Wrote: - Activations, leaders my only active his hex, no chain activations and no activations by leaders outside the hex.

I have a house rule that chain activations/activations by leaders outside the hex are allowed along a road or trail. It seems logical to me, and it makes the trails far more important.

Robin, makes sense. I believe I will try in the next one.
11-18-2012, 11:03 AM,
(11-18-2012, 08:46 AM)Michael Murphy Wrote: I stand (a bit) corrected on this. The rule clearly does not mention night. I didn't intend to sound as if disorientation was automatic at night. I only mentioned night as this special rule does show up more often in scenarios with late night/early morning settings. In point of fact, a quick persual of Guad shows only a handful of scenarios using this rule at all. It's almost as if the rule applies to troops who are quite new to the jungle. I didn't see anything after September '42.

As I review, Guadalcanal does say that but Saipan and Kokoda do not. So, this may be a very small but important difference between the old and new rules for jungle terrain. Personally, I like the disorientation all the time, it is a bit more restricting but you can still move there if you dare. Wink