Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well shazam, shazam, shazam
11-16-2012, 09:06 AM,
Well shazam, shazam, shazam
I went to AP's website this afternoon. There I saw a rather curious thing. I can appreciate Mr. McCue's desire to correct a simulation problem in the game, in fact the primary shortcoming of nearly all analog wargames. As I read through his rules, a sense of déjà vu overtook me. Many of his rules introduced the same issues which a friend and I found many (300 some) moons ago. Of course the biggest problem is getting someone who doesn't want the game, but would be will to be part of it. Having been a double-blind referee a couple times, I'll say it really sucks.

Anyway, since there seems to be a small interest in double-blind play, and we have new people, I would like to reintroduce our solution. It has been thoroughly play tested, and is hosted at PG-HQ. If you are truly bold, try the daily content version. Just after you do, don't forget to try ours.
11-16-2012, 10:29 AM,
RE: Well shazam, shazam, shazam
I am very curious who this Brian McCue fellow is. That's a name that rings no bells. I am interested how someone interested enough to submit PG Daily Content could fly so far under the radar on PG-HQ, CSW, and BGG... unless he's got an alias I am not aware of.

Who are you, Brian McCue?!?

Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-16-2012, 11:00 AM,
(11-16-2012, 10:29 AM)Shad Wrote: I am very curious who this Brian McCue fellow is. That's a name that rings no bells. I am interested how someone interested enough to submit PG Daily Content could fly so far under the radar on PG-HQ, CSW, and BGG... unless he's got an alias I am not aware of.

Who are you, Brian McCue?!?

Smile

Not sure who he is but an am aware of others that "fly under your PG radar".
11-16-2012, 02:59 PM,
(11-16-2012, 11:00 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Not sure who he is but an am aware of others that "fly under your PG radar".

May they live long...
and prosper...
and eventually join PG-HQ and record all their plays for the betterment of the community! Big Grin
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-16-2012, 06:29 PM,
(11-16-2012, 09:06 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I went to AP's website this afternoon. There I saw a rather curious thing. I can appreciate Mr. McCue's desire to correct a simulation problem in the game, in fact the primary shortcoming of nearly all analog wargames. As I read through his rules, a sense of déjà vu overtook me. Many of his rules introduced the same issues which a friend and I found many (300 some) moons ago. Of course the biggest problem is getting someone who doesn't want the game, but would be will to be part of it. Having been a double-blind referee a couple times, I'll say it really sucks.

Anyway, since there seems to be a small interest in double-blind play, and we have new people, I would like to reintroduce our solution. It has been thoroughly play tested, and is hosted at PG-HQ. If you are truly bold, try the daily content version. Just after you do, don't forget to try ours.

Peter, that is curious indeed. I naturally thought this fella was part of your gaming group ? I'm amazed that is not the case.

So now we know who you copied Big Grin
11-17-2012, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012, 01:07 AM by plloyd1010.)
Vince, are seriously suggesting that there is a gamer out there that this older and crazier than I? Huh

My first thoughts were more a James Barry thing, "All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again..."
11-17-2012, 01:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012, 01:54 AM by JayTownsend.)
(11-16-2012, 02:59 PM)Shad Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 11:00 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Not sure who he is but an am aware of others that "fly under your PG radar".

May they live long...
and prosper...
and eventually join PG-HQ and record all their plays for the betterment of the community! Big Grin

After he saw how abusive you are to me Andrew he most likely decided not to join! TongueAngelConfused