Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PG-HQ Dev Blog] new forum plug-in: TableGenerator
11-13-2012, 01:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM by Shad.)
Information  [PG-HQ Dev Blog] new forum plug-in: TableGenerator
I have added a new plug-in to our PG-HQ Forum: TableGenerator.

When you create a new thread or reply to one (not quick reply, full reply) you will see a TableGenerator button below the Smilies:

Clicking on that will bring up a small new window. This is a tool to help you create tables without needing to write the code yourself by hand. Please note that the tool requires javascript and may not work on older browsers.

You can click the TR and TD buttons to add or remove columns and rows on the fly. TH means table header, and will format that section slightly differently. Once you have your table content filled-in to your satisfaction, click Generate MyCode.

Your table design will then be converted into the forum's layout code:

This is a helper tool, not a do-er tool. You must then copy this code and paste it into the body of your post!!!

My code:

Code:
[table=95][tr][th]PG Nation[/th][th]Unique Units[/th][/tr][tr][td]Germany[/td][td]500[/td][/tr][tr][td]America[/td][td]350[/td][/tr][tr][td]Australia[/td][td]75[/td][/tr][tr][td]Canada[/td][td]2, eh[/td][/tr][/table]

Pasted into this post creates the following table:

PG NationUnique Units
Germany500
America350
Australia75
Canada2, eh

It takes a little getting used to. I invite you to experiment with our new TableGenerator tool inside this thread.

Please post any questions here as well!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-13-2012, 10:01 PM,
RE: [PG-HQ Dev Blog] new forum plug-in: TableGenerator
Thanks for this Shad, I shall have a 'fumble' when required
11-13-2012, 11:56 PM,
(11-13-2012, 10:01 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Thanks for this Shad, I shall have a 'fumble' when required

On dear, the old boy is looking at one site but is thinking of another one of his favorite sites Big Grin
12-03-2012, 10:54 PM,
GERMAN
INFOFFAFVAPCGUN
1. A Bitter Irony144001
12-03-2012, 10:58 PM,
GERUSA
INFOFFAFVAPCGUNINFOFFAFVAPCGUN
1. A Bitter Irony (G)144001309002
12-03-2012, 11:00 PM,
GERUSA
INFOFFAFVAPCGUNINFOFFAFVAPCGUN
1. A Bitter Irony (G)144001309002
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM,
I highly recommend always setting a width for your columns, and then you can go and tweak that number when you copy and paste the final code. Otherwise you get the mega-wide tables.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
12-04-2012, 01:15 AM,
Not bad for a first effort on the actual post, though it could be straightened up a little here and there :-)