Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printable Magnet Sheets? (PROJECT COMPLETE!!!)
10-29-2012, 07:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012, 12:48 PM by Shad.)
Thumbs Up  Printable Magnet Sheets? (PROJECT COMPLETE!!!)
(This project is now complete. Click here to jump to the post illustrating the results!)

Has anyone ever tried or heard of someone else trying to use Printable Magnet Sheets?

If you bought a PDF game could you not simply print the PDF onto the sheet, cut it with an exacto, and then be on your way?

Granted you might need to make "front" and "back" sets for your counters... but this would allow you to play on a wall with relative ease, would it not?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-29-2012, 11:40 PM,
RE: Printable Magnet Sheets?
It's worth a try.

I will try something like that over the Christmas Holiday season as I want to assemble two PnP American Civil War games to help us reinforce the boys' history lessons.
10-30-2012, 12:43 AM,
(10-29-2012, 11:40 PM)Hugmenot Wrote: I will try something like that over the Christmas Holiday season as I want to assemble two PnP American Civil War games to help us reinforce the boys' history lessons.

Good grief ! What are you planning when they receive their sex education lessons Blush

(Mind instantly recalls John Cleese as the teacher in The Meaning Of Life)
10-30-2012, 02:18 AM,
I think the biggest issue would be cutting out the magnets. Otherwise I see no reason why this couldn't work.
10-30-2012, 07:35 AM,
Quote:but this would allow you to play on a wall with relative ease, would it not?

If you had one big metal wall.

Are they giving up on the cheap Chinese drywall over there? Big Grin
10-30-2012, 08:23 AM,
(10-30-2012, 07:35 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
Quote:but this would allow you to play on a wall with relative ease, would it not?

If you had one big metal wall.

Are they giving up on the cheap Chinese drywall over there? Big Grin

We build with concrete. Of course the drywall is shit, no one here needs to use it! Rolleyes

Call me crazy, but why not go all in and print geomorphic maps as well? Then everything is just slap and play...?
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM,
I spent some time browsing Chinese websites last night and was unable to find anyone selling the printable magnetic sheets. I suspect this is more to do with me not properly guessing the associated Chinese search terms though.

Meanwhile, I found that these sheets are also readily available as plain sheets, with one side being adhesive, and with both sides adhesive.

That last type would conceivably allow you to print out both sides of a counter sheet, stick it onto your magnet without needing to add any 3rd party adhesive material, cut down to size, and have two-sided magnetic counters.

[Image: T1U7N.XdlsXXXrQOs9_104012.jpg_180x180.jpg]

Regarding cutting, I was thinking that one of those large lever-slicing devices would do the job? I'm not sure their proper name.
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM,
Shad,

If you succeed, you must put a picture on of your first on-going battle with somebody or something upright next to it. This will prove you're not just using the old Batman and Robin TV series trick of inverting pictures etc to make them look as if they are on a sheer wall :-)
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM,
I especially enjoyed the moments when the actors would let the rope go slack...
No "minor" country left behind...
10-31-2012, 06:48 AM,
I once tried the white version of Blu Tac, under the impression that if it didn't leave a colour stain on a wall, it should be pretty safe with PG counters.

Two problems:
It isn't as sticky as the blue version, so although it held a stack on a slope, it wasn't so good with the board stood upright.
Left in place for long enough, it does leave an oily mark Sad

Tim