Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idiot Soviet Commander - EFD #10 Photo AAR
10-15-2012, 08:36 AM,
Idiot Soviet Commander - EFD #10 Photo AAR
Here is the accompanying photo AAR for the extremely short battle, The Duel EFD #10, played between Vince Hughes and myself via Skype. There are 6 pictures here and each one shows the positions at the end of each turn. Here is a small description for each one.

Vince's AAR

Tony's AAR

EFD10_EndTurn1.jpg - Shows starting postions (marked with symbols) and the initial movements for the first turn.

EFD10_EndTurn2.jpg - First signs of Soviet Idiocy - Note the T-34s. rotated counters indicate leaders. Wrecks were used for step loss markers - not terrain effects.

EFD10_EndTurn3.jpg - Assault in progress.

EFD10_EndTurn4.jpg -Germans moving on the Soviets and a happy machine-gunner sitting on the wrecks of T-34s in hex 0311 on board 8.

EFD10_EndTurn5.jpg - The soviets on the "Eve of Destruction"

EFD10_EndTurn6.jpg - The End Game.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-15-2012, 04:30 PM,
RE: Idiot Soviet Commander - EFD #10 Photo AAR
Huge error in the photographs ....... I use blue moved/fired's on the Axis :-)

I'll make sure to hold up 10 seconds at the end of each turn Tony. Didn't realise all this was going on in the background.
10-15-2012, 11:10 PM,
(10-15-2012, 04:30 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Huge error in the photographs ....... I use blue moved/fired's on the Axis :-)

I'll make sure to hold up 10 seconds at the end of each turn Tony. Didn't realise all this was going on in the background.

Sorry about that - I don't have any of the older blue move/fired markers. The photos didn't take that long - just a quick snap from the smartphone. All the editing and captioning was added post-slaughter.
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM,
Tony , don't beat yourself up to much, you are playing Vince and it was early war Eastern Front, many hard lesson are to be learned