Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Blame Jay
10-17-2012, 12:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2012, 08:23 AM by Shad.)
Don't Blame Jay
I noticed that Plloyd1010 had tried to soften the blow to Jay by telling him that the Soviet reinforcements in scenario one of Power of the East come in too late to make a difference. I'm sure Jay wasn't offended, since he didn't design Power of the East. Konstantin Lubsky designed the Khalkin Gol package, and published several of the scenarios separately prior to the Avalanche download release. I imagine any errors in the schedual can be attributed to John Stafford, who had to adapt the material to boards not available in the original design.

Kudos to Konstantin, who took the bull by the horn when PG Nomahan didn't make the cut 6-7 years ago.

By the way, Dr. B has stated that counters won't be lasered for this supplement and that it will be retired to be replaced by a different, large boxed game. So I recommend everyone who hasn't bought the download reconsider buying while there is still time. Back in those glorious days of yesteryear, Brian Miller had outlines at least of 50
+ scenarios for PG Nomahan. Could this elusive folder have just surfaced in Alabama?
10-17-2012, 12:52 AM,
RE: Don't Blame Jay
Can I still blame Jay for any and all spelling errors?

My Nihon Silk shipped this morning and I am looking forward to play a few scenarios.
10-17-2012, 12:54 AM,
Sure, one thing Jay isn't is blameless. He still hasn't successfully persuaded Mike that we need mounted counters for Waltzing Matilda :-}.
10-17-2012, 01:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2012, 01:15 AM by plloyd1010.)
Point noted & reviewed. I stand corrected. I was apparently inobservant. I will see what I can do to correct the attribution.

I had thought it was Jay since he had wanted the module subject badly, then promoted it so much.

Sorry Jay.

-----
PN: It's been corrected.

Now we can blame Jay for missing the infantry symbols on the Dutch mortars. ;-)
10-17-2012, 01:57 AM,
Dog-gone that Jay
10-17-2012, 02:02 AM,
Typos and spelling error have followed me my whole life! Smile
10-17-2012, 06:21 AM,
Maybe you were Theseus in an earlier life and now leave typos and spelling errors in threads to mark your way.