Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenario Card
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM,
Scenario Card
I have a hard time remembering the scenario parameters and don't like keeping an extra book open during play. I made these to help.....
I'd love to have some feedback.....

Attached Files Image(s)

.pdf   PzG Scen Pg v6.pdf (Size: 249.69 KB / Downloads: 56)
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM,
RE: Scenario Card
I'll see about putting the markers in a pdf too....
10-12-2012, 06:03 PM,
I tell you a counter that AP have not done yet.

Its one for units in river hexes to identify what side of the bank they are on. Perhaps a simple counter with a thick arrow on it that points to the side of the river the troops are located.
10-12-2012, 11:40 PM,
Vince, That is a terrific idea. Any river crossing scenario gets bogged down with "where the heck are they really" bookeeping.
No "minor" country left behind...
10-13-2012, 12:38 AM,
(10-12-2012, 11:40 PM)Matt W Wrote: Vince, That is a terrific idea. Any river crossing scenario gets bogged down with "where the heck are they really" bookeeping.

I just keep the counter off-center of the river toward the side that they approached on. Possibly turning the counters could help too. Trying to avoid one more status marker on a already crowded board.
10-13-2012, 01:06 AM,
please don't miss the pdf under the markers...
10-13-2012, 06:06 AM,
(10-13-2012, 12:38 AM)campsawyer Wrote: I just keep the counter off-center of the river toward the side that they approached on. Possibly turning the counters could help too. Trying to avoid one more status marker on a already crowded board.

Yes, not a deal-breaker for me, but just one that I thought was a simple idea.

I remember Wayne and i once had a scenario where this came to me as we had each of our forces in river hexes and it would have been useful to display what river bank each stack was on.
08-07-2013, 06:28 PM,
(10-13-2012, 06:06 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 12:38 AM)campsawyer Wrote: I just keep the counter off-center of the river toward the side that they approached on. Possibly turning the counters could help too. Trying to avoid one more status marker on a already crowded board.

Yes, not a deal-breaker for me, but just one that I thought was a simple idea.

I remember Wayne and i once had a scenario where this came to me as we had each of our forces in river hexes and it would have been useful to display what river bank each stack was on.

One of the reasons why lots of games have the rivers running along hexsides rather than through the middle of them. It can appear a little quirky path-wise, but it does mean it's easy to see where you are, and when you've crossed.
Not much help for PG now though. I know I have a game(s) with counters with arrows on them ... I think from CoA's La Bataille series. They would be perfect to show which side the unit's on.
08-07-2013, 08:49 PM,
Bring me some spare 'arrows' on the 22nd then pls Bangles !