Poll: Should Infantry Attacks games be featured alongside PG series games on PG-HQ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, include them.
66.67%
12 66.67%
No, they are and should remain separate.
33.33%
6 33.33%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[resolved] The Mouse that Roared <- include or not?
10-14-2012, 11:55 AM,
RE: The Mouse that Roared <- include or not?
I am kind of torn. If you don't mind the work than I think it fascinating to include the eras- anything that helps grow the community and test the systems. I am not sure how you might reconcile eras, but it might be worth the try. So would you include To Hell with Spain and the Chihuahua Incident? I know - lets get past IA first. Smile
10-14-2012, 04:33 PM,
I say no, the title of the site is PG HQ and that to my mind means PG game only. No problems though with linked sites.
10-15-2012, 07:05 AM,
I don't have any of the IA games (except the Chihuahua Incident) and have not had a chance to play any of them. I agree that this is the "PG" site dedicated to Panzer Grenadier and should only contain PG material. However, there are times that I wished that there was a similar site for GWAS or SWWAS to see how those games play, and would welcome a linked site that contains those such as an "IA-HQ" or "WAS-HQ" (containing both Great and Second World games).

Having said that, I know there is a lot of work involved in having one site up and running so successfully as this one does, much less having multiple sites running and the community this one does.

Ahh... If there was only all the time in the world. Smile
10-16-2012, 12:30 AM,
Second thoughts. Any maps from I.A. and MPG which are later used in PG scenarios become ipso facto PG maps and definitely should be included.

The big questionmark to me is what types of manmade terrain will be represented on MPG maps...Iraqi triangular berm forts, major paved airfields, power installations might not port well to the 1933-48 era, depending on how they're done. Hydro-electric plants work well for MPG and WW2 but not WW1, etc.

Ideally all 3 systems should be housed together, maybe in different halls of the library. I.A. is PG in a slightly different era. Modern PG is still an unknown.
10-16-2012, 03:32 AM,
There is not enough development resources nor traffic on PG-HQ to warrant developing sister sites for IA and MPG.

If IA and MPG are to be added, I would include them in PG-HQ with the hope it draws some people in that otherwise would not visit this site.
10-16-2012, 08:52 AM,
I could do sub-domains fairly painlessly:

ia.pg-hq.com
infantryattacks.pg-hq.com
modern.pg-hq.com

This would not incur additional cost, and would create some visual distinction. You're right about the dev resources though! Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM,
Shad, at a minimum can you add the IA maps for W&P and other supplements to this site? If you need the scans I can get them.
10-19-2012, 01:42 PM,
Verdict:
  • Infantry Attacks maps 45 and 49 have been added to the PG-HQ Library
  • consideration of further addition of non-PG materials put on hold until PG coverage hits 100%

We need to stay true to our roots and finish what we started before branching out. (we're about to be behind on games, we're way behind on counters)
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...