Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone leaders entering an assault hex
10-07-2012, 01:14 PM,
Lone leaders entering an assault hex
Here is a question to toss around a bit.

A lone leader activates to FIRE and then enters an assault hex where three combat units are engaged but have not yet activated for this turn. The rules state that when "units" enter a assault others can join if not activated. Given that it is just a leader and not a unit, I believe that he cannot start the assault, the combat units need to be with him to start the assault. Thoughts?
10-07-2012, 02:00 PM,
RE: Lone leaders entering an assault hex
I agree with the way you interpret it. When a unit enters, I think of it as them coming into the hex, guns blazing and then with a cry, the other units join in. Not just one lone cowboy.
10-07-2012, 07:25 PM,
Same here Alan as Josh,

And as I play it that way, I'm pretty sure you and I must have followed that rule in our Skype games otherwise I would have queried it
10-07-2012, 10:27 PM,
Thanks, guys. That is what I thought. I just ran into this situation in a solo game and figured I would put the question out there. I do believe this needs clarification and will add to the annotated rules.

BTW, the way the situation resolved was the three Soviet platoons got mauled in the assault and the leader moved in later to help with recoveries.