• Charlotte to Cleveland
  • Cleveland to Atlanta
  • Atlanta to Tampa
  • Tampa to Charlotte
  • Charlotte to Montreal
  • Montreal to Toronto
  • Toronto to Seoul
  • Seoul to Shenyang

That about sums it up. After 27 days on the road I arrived back in China at 2300 yesterday. Today is China's independence day, and per tradition we have the entire week off. I am spending this time catching up with my wife, son, and in-laws.

During the first two weeks I did manage to get some good coding done before the incessant travelling started to really wear me down. The Library code is "enough done" to release, but I'm holding off on that until after this week-long holiday because if we go live now and something's broken I won't be able to fix it immediately.

To those of you who've emailed me during September and not heard back, I will start catching up after the 8th.

Lastly, sorry for not doing a SotM for October. I just had too much going on to devote even the modest ~30 minutes that typically requires.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-01-2012, 09:41 PM,
RE: [PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2012 October Update
Glad to hear that you get to settle down for a bit. How often will you have to take a trip like that in the new job?
No "minor" country left behind...
10-03-2012, 01:50 PM,
RE: [PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2012 October Update
Hard to say. This was the initial North America assessment trip + industry convention, so it ran a bit long. While that is my major focus, I've got 4 other continents to worry about as well. So it looks like I'll be racking up some frequent flier miles... at least quarterly.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...