Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hedgerows
03-24-2024, 05:12 AM,
Hedgerows
Let me get this straight: The unit behind/adjacent to a hedgerow can see through it with no problem, and a unit can see behind a hedgerow if within three hexes of it AND the unit in question is directly adjacent the hedgerow. Does this mean that a unit can fire from behind a hedgerow, through an open hex (or two) AT another unit directly behind a hedgerow? (Some of the rather contorted terrain in Invasion 44 finds opposing units in this type of terrain.)

GG
brad_newcomer likes this post
03-24-2024, 06:33 AM,
RE: Hedgerows
Found a reference to it in "Advanced Rules" for Invasion 44 (Pg 8): "Only units in an adjacent hex may use Antitank or Direct Fire through a hedgerow hex side." Which seems to solve the above post.... but.... it also awards a "-2" for Direct Fire AND seems to negate the entries on the Antitank and Direct Fire charts that mentions a "...target fired at through hedgerow not adjacent to firing unit. (Excuse me while I scratch my head on THAT one.)  Dodgy

GG
brad_newcomer likes this post
03-24-2024, 09:21 AM,
(03-24-2024, 06:33 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: Found a reference to it in "Advanced Rules" for Invasion 44 (Pg 8): "Only units in an adjacent hex may use Antitank or Direct Fire through a hedgerow hex side." Which seems to solve the above post.... but.... it also awards a "-2" for Direct Fire AND seems to negate the entries on the Antitank and Direct Fire charts that mentions a "...target fired at through hedgerow not adjacent to firing unit. (Excuse me while I scratch my head on THAT one.)  Dodgy

GG
I may be misinterpreting the situation; however, in your first post on this thread your one unit would be firing through its adjacent hedgerow (first hedgerow hexside) through a clear hex and then THROUGH a SECOND hedgerow hexside  to hit the defending unit adjacent to that second hedgerow.   The way I Interpreted the hedgerow rules was that the defending unit couldn't be fired Upon because you can't fire across 2 hedgerows ..... only one can be fired across (either as the attacker firing across one they are adjacent to or one that a defender is adjacently behind).     So, if your attacking unit was 2 hexes away and firing through 2 clear hexes and a hedgerow hexside with the defending unit directly behind the hedgerow then the attacker would suffer the -2 column shift.  If they were adjacent to each other, that wouldn't happen.   

Now, I could be totally messed upon this ..... and I don't have my charts and rules in front of me.   So, I need to go and double check this all again when I can.   Lol ?       However, for now, this is how I have been playing those situation in my recent Airborne scenarios.      Does this help any?
Tambu, sagunto, Tankodactyl And 10 others like this post
03-24-2024, 09:47 AM,
https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/showthread.php?tid=403

I always found the diagram in this thread handy, as I have to reteach myself hedgerows whenever I pick up a module with them. Although some of the specifics do change module to module as the hedgerows can represent different types of hedges.
OldPueblo, sagunto, Reconquista And 11 others like this post
03-24-2024, 11:54 AM,
Thanks for the info. I had decided to play the way it had come across in the thread referenced. (Until someone changes my mind, at any rate.)

GG
Tambu and chaco like this post
03-24-2024, 08:29 PM,
Do you remember that one?
https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/attachment.php?aid=1625
sagunto, OldPueblo, Miguelibal And 10 others like this post
03-25-2024, 12:30 AM,
A couple of those have me scratching my head. But I can see where to maintain consistency one would have to "take the good with the bad". So that looks to be the best set of solutions. Thank for the input.

GG